Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   my hairdresser finally noticed... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=148754)

diamond Thu, Nov-13-03 18:53

my hairdresser finally noticed...

I had my hair cut and coloured (first time) today and my hairdresser noticed
my weight loss. She was so excited for me and wanted to know what "plan"
I was following so I told her about Atkins she can't wait to start. I told her about my concern about losing alot of my hair and she told me that its normal
when you lose a lot of weight and not to worry. I'm so happy that someone out
side my immediate family has noticed. It feels great!!!!!!!
Hang in there everybody!!!!!!

Lori H Thu, Nov-13-03 18:55

Congratulations! I bet you are looking great!

verniebird Thu, Nov-13-03 19:55

That is a great story. I know when co-workers comment on how good I look, it can really make my day.

scottjan Thu, Nov-13-03 20:04

Send me your hairdresser at once. Do not delay. I have lost 47 pounds and noone has noticed including my family. When I asked my husband, he said, "What did the scale say?" At the time I hadn't weighed, so I said I haven't weighed lately. He said to go by what the scale says. I don't believe he has noticed any loss. Oh well, that's the say the ball bounces here.

pjo1966 Fri, Nov-14-03 13:18

scottjan...

You've lost 47lbs. How can anyone not notice that? Take him to an eye doctor!

woolina Fri, Nov-14-03 13:34

Quote:
Originally posted by pjo1966

I have to go with pjo on that one!!!!

LilaCotton Fri, Nov-14-03 14:26

Quote:

I couldn't agree more! And maybe get him to take a few sensitivity classes because it sounds like he needs to get over himself! Any guy who can't see his wife and notice she's lost almost 50 pounds needs professional help. ;)

Diamond, that's great! It must make you feel soooo good! :)

peiqinglon Fri, Nov-14-03 17:31

Devils's advocate...I generally find that people you spend the most time with won't notice because they see you all the time. But people you haven't seen in awhile, they will definitely notice it much more.

scottjan Sun, Nov-16-03 20:39

Thank you so very very much. I needed that! You are so wonderful to be on my side. I believe peiqinglon is probably right about his assessment. He does see me all the time. We all see, but we don't. I could overlook an elephant if I have my mind on something else. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback everyone!!!!

peiqinglon Sun, Nov-16-03 22:15

scottjan: Oh! And I forgot to congratulate you on the 47lbs lost!!!! That's absolutely wonderful!