Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New to the board (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=146843)

Hot 2 Trot Tue, Nov-04-03 18:22

New to the board

Hi, new to the board but I've been on Atkins since Sept 21, 2003. Lost 21.5 lbs. so far.

Date Actual lbs per wk
21-Sep \212.0
28-Sep \206.0 \6.00
5-Oct \202.0 \4.00
12-Oct \197.5 \4.00
19-Oct \195.0 \3.00
26-Oct \192.5 \2.50
2-Nov \190.5 \2.00

First, I thought that Atkins would be really hard for me but I've managed quite well and stuck to everything. Well, except for 1 BOO BOO. On Oct 18th, I indulged in 4 glasses of white wine. Big mistake. I was so ill! Plus, it stalled me, as you can see. I think my decrease in weight loss within the last 3 weeks was the wine and then after that, my water intake was not as much as it initially was. So I'm back to guzzling down tons of water. I'll get back on track. At least I'm still losing. Oh, yes, I'm still on induction.

Truthfully, I thought the hardest thing for me would be to give up the alcohol. My entire family are drinkers and I had become one, too. I'm quite positive that it impacted my weight gain, there's no doubt. This is the longest I have been able to go (cept for the boo boo) without a drink in the last 6 or 7 years. No desire for it and I'm glad. It's encouraging to know that I could actually do all of this and not cave to my weaknesses. It's made me stronger and given me that extra stength to continue on.

My weight gain started in the beginning of 97 after I lacerated my liver, amongst other things, in a car accident. The doctor told me when I got out of the hospital that I should live a low fat diet and take a daily vitamin for the rest of my life. He never explained why and I was too drugged up to go into it. So, when I was able to finally eat again, I went back to my old ways of eating and gained so much weight in a short period of time. Plus I was not physically able to move around as much as I used to be able for many months.

So for 6 years, this experience has followed me every day. A nightmare, I never used to have to worry about my weight and I had a ton of confidence. I've learned to live with the scars from surgery but there was no way in hell that I could learn to live with the weight. I battled with myself everyday over it but felt helpless.

My boss got me hooked on atkins, she lost 25 lbs in 3 months. Thank God, I walked by her office that day and we got into a conversation about it. I would probably be sitting here at my wits end like I was.

Now, I finally see the light and I'm not going back.
So that's my story.......phew!

CindySue48 Tue, Nov-04-03 19:22

Welcome to the forum!!!

Sounds like you've been thru a lot! And you've accomplished a lot!!!!

Feel free to post any questions, suggestions here on the forum. There's a lot of supportive people on this board!

Again, Welcome

PS....I love your name! LOL

LittleAnne Wed, Nov-05-03 02:10

Hi Hot 2 Trot and welcome to this forum.

Congratulations on the 20 pounds you have already lost. I am sure that your results are inspiring you to keep up with this way of life. I wish you continued success.

tampa_girl Wed, Nov-05-03 06:04

Welcome Hot 2 Trot....you're doing great!:) Keep it up and listen to the folks on this forum; they know a lot about this WOE.

pammiejoe6 Wed, Nov-05-03 11:40

hi! im also new to atkins...just found this board today and am really enjoying reading what other people like me have to say! I am also a drinker...lmao...havin a hard time not having a drink or two...i had 3 drinks last night...vodka in my decaf tea...lol....it didnt take me out of ketosis so im happy!! i know i cant drink everyday but every now and then is ok. im staying in induction until i feel like im losing...even tho the scales say ive lost about 17 pounds in 31 days!! YAY!!

Hot 2 Trot Wed, Nov-05-03 14:18

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! I can see this forum is a great tool and provides great support for each other in their journey.

Thanks again!

tgill32177 Wed, Nov-05-03 14:34

I am so happy that LC works for you and that you feel tons better. It is like another person has been lifted from my shoulders (and various other places).
From the results you have so far, you will go all the way! I hope to share more of your journey to a slimmer you.
Tanya