Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   student life v atkins wol (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86620)

loopygem Thu, Feb-13-03 20:10

student life v atkins wol

ok, another prob i have is being a student i don't get breakfast. normally my earliest lecture is at 11am and i get up about 15 mins b4 that :exclm: so my first meal is lunch at about 2pm, go 2 the gym about 5, :roll: then i'll have dinner at about 8pm. but then we nearly always go out clubbing at about 10pm, so i'm out dancing until about 1am and we all come in exhausted and hungry. do u think it'd be ok 2 have what i'd have 4 breakfast, like an atkins shake then when i come in b4 bed - we go about 3am. or do u think i'd gain weight doing this, please help, i know many will think that i should be going 2 bed earlier , but this is student life and i'm loving it.

wcollier Thu, Feb-13-03 20:17

Hi loopygem:

Yes, eat when you are hungry. This is not a starvation diet. I probably wouldn't eat a huge meal, though. I often have to eat something little before going to bed if I'm feeling hungry. If I go to bed hungry, I dream about sugar. Then a sugar binge isn't very far behind.

You really should also be eating breakfast. I never used to eat breakfast when I went to university and I now realize that I would have functioned better with a nourished brain. Even if it's something little. There's no excuse for skipping breakfast.

Happy clubbing, ;)
Wanda

pv3882 Thu, Feb-13-03 22:10

LOL...join the club... I'm a junior right now at a 4-year college and here's what works for me:

(1) eat a good breakfast. I usually have an egg omellett in olive oil. Usually takes me 5 minutes to make and 5 minutes to gobble down. I have my classes Monday-Thursday at 8AM!!! I wake up around 6AM, check my email, eat breakfast, then drag myself to class. But you know what, the breakfast plan helps keep me awake now instead of napping through the boring lectures.

(2) Eating enough will help you stay away from all the vending machines. I find that when I eat enough during the day time, I don't have any energy lows and I can concentrate better.

(3) well what's your goal on this diet? mine is to level off my blood sugar, and maybe lose a pound or two. So yeah this diet is working for me right now. if your goal is to lose weight FAST and you want a secret formula for it, then no this diet does not work like that. But trust me, the diet is FUN and it's the best one for college students like us who loves good foods and life!!!
Live it up!!! :read:

loopygem Fri, Feb-14-03 09:42

thanks everyone, i'll try and grab something b4 classes to keep me going. i have been trying 2 get up earlier to go runniing of a morning anyway. i think a boiled egg with cucumber soldiers could be in order. :daze:

ChromeDome Fri, Feb-14-03 09:53

For a quick breakfast you could try taking one of the LC ready-to-drink products out of the fridge and drink it on the way to class. No prep time other than pulling the tab off.

Skamito Fri, Feb-14-03 13:32

I work 8:30-5:30, go to class 5:50- 7:35 and go to the gym after that.

I always work in a balanced diet of real food. Try hard boiled eggs and cheese for breakfast, microwaved bacon. For lunch, tote around lunch meats, celery and cream cheese, salads. For dinner you could always have a bunless hamburger or a fast food salad. Or buy precooked chicken or other meat.

The key is to try to prepare ahead of time so you will have nourishment available.

Good luck!

:)