Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   younger men, whiskey, sky diving or carbs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=277821)

nawchem Wed, Dec-21-05 12:38

younger men, whiskey, sky diving or carbs?

I figure as you push middle age you can get a little wilder since you have less to lose- year wise. Which do you think is the highest risk activity?

Younger men (or women)
Scotch whiskey
sky diving
carbs

foxgluvs Wed, Dec-21-05 13:35

I had to go for the predictable answer I'm afraid, I think keeping yourself healthy is the best way to live a longer and healthier life, all the rest of the answers were things which I would do anyway, so cutting carbs was definately, for me the way to go!

Usul001 Wed, Dec-21-05 13:36

Sorry, but if I had to choose between eating a potato or plate of pasta and jumping out of an aeroplane. The carbs would win every time!

Nancy LC Wed, Dec-21-05 13:59

Risk for what? I never got an STD off a potato! Ok, never got one off of anything else either for that matter.

Brook Wed, Dec-21-05 14:03

ROFL Nancy. I'm cracking up at the careful clarification!

In order of risk, highest to lowest:

1. Sky Diving. I see absolutely NO reason to ever jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

2. Carbs. They're a weakness, what can I say? I never met a hot fudge brownie sundae I couldn't put a serious smack-down on. (Lip smacking, of course!)

3. Younger men. I'm slightly more likely to resist YD&FullaC than I am carbs, albeit not by much ;)

4. Whiskey - although admittedly, I'm much more likely to indulge in all of the above with enough of this one ;)

~Brook

cs_carver Wed, Dec-21-05 14:50

Define the terms

IMO--what kills the most OTHER people? Whiskey, hands down.

Agreed, I'm not one to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. But doing so puts few other people at risk, presuming your insurance is paid up and your family's provided for.

Younger partners? Depends on what your own relationship status is. Might get killed by a jealous husband. Mature women aren't dying of heart attacks with 20-yo men that I've heard about--has this made CSI yet?

Agreed, carbs kill--but pretty much, only yourself, and then slowly, and to a large extent, reversibly. Not yet a lot of reports of second-hand-carb induced cancers.

Which leaves whiskey.

cnmLisa Wed, Dec-21-05 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Risk for what? I never got an STD off a potato! Ok, never got one off of anything else either for that matter.

Now that I've spit out my cup of lemon tea all over the computer screen from busting a gut laughing...Now I'll have to go back and consider the question again!!:roll:

Lisa

black57 Wed, Dec-21-05 16:58

The highest risk factor in my book is sky diving. Did you see the story on the news about the woman whose parachute didn't open properly and she hit the parking lot. She lived to tell about it? She, of course, had to spend time in the hospital for her injuries. During this hospital stay, she discovered that she was pregnant! Wow! I didn't even know that you could get pregnant from sky diving. Now that is way toooo risky for me. ;)

dearmommy Wed, Dec-21-05 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
During this hospital stay, she discovered that she was pregnant! Wow! I didn't even know that you could get pregnant from sky diving. Now that is way toooo risky for me. ;)

My exact thoughts :lol:

Rosebud Wed, Dec-21-05 17:22

I'm disappointed. :(

I thought from the title of this thread I was going to be able to say which I prefer out of "younger men, whiskey, sky diving or carbs?" :lol:

I think I'm too old now to be tempted by younger men anyway...

For the record, I firmly believe that sky diving is the riskiest. Although if I'm left alone in a room full of chocolate cake... Hmm.

Roz

cnmLisa Wed, Dec-21-05 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
Wow! I didn't even know that you could get pregnant from sky diving. Now that is way toooo risky for me. ;)

You guys are cracking me up!!!:lol:

nawchem Wed, Dec-21-05 19:52

You guys are such a crack up, if I quoted what made me laugh it would be almost everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

camaromom Wed, Dec-21-05 20:47

I got too many laughs out of the answers already. You people have quite the sense of humor. ROFLOL!

raven_1051 Thu, Dec-22-05 13:59

Whiskey hands down. The lack of impulse control that comes with drinking is bad enough to make you do all of the things on the list. One time while I was drinking my at my cousins house he offered me one of those small snack sized bags of lays potato chips, I ate it with out even thinking. About 10 minutes later I remembered that chips have carbs and I was hella pissed at my self. When it comes to younger men you would have to be innebriated to stand to listen to them talk for very long and I don't know about you but there would be no way I would ever jump out of a plane unless I was drunk. So thats why I say that whiskey is the most dngerous.

Nancy LC Thu, Dec-22-05 14:02

So that's how one can catch an STD from a potato! You just need LOTS of whiskey.