Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   So glad I switched to weighing only once/week! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172324)

momtogavin Fri, Mar-12-04 08:47

So glad I switched to weighing only once/week!

I am steadily losing around 2 to 2 1/2 pounds per week. But I was weighing every day and it was so discouraging because it went up and down all week! Now, I weigh every friday morning and 2 pounds were gone again this week! Woo hoo!

Natalie

4beans4me Fri, Mar-12-04 09:11

WTG!! :yay:

I admit to being a scale slave as well. :blush: I have started a challenge with a few others on the forum to only weigh twice a week.. it's HARD, but well worth it! Kudos to you! :thup:

JL53563 Fri, Mar-12-04 09:39

I totally agree with weighing in only once a week. I think we tend to have daily fluctuations that can be discouraging at times.

orchidday Fri, Mar-12-04 09:43

I am so glad you made the switch! I weigh once a week and record whatever that is. Weighing everyday just plays mind games with me since this is supposed to be a WOL I had to do something to stop that kind of thinking. Weighing every week and not everyday makes me an easier person to live with.

Cindi

Liz09 Fri, Mar-12-04 09:47

I am going to force myself to only weigh once a week. I stepped on the scales today and I am up 1.5 lbs. I'm not sure why but I am about to go away for the weekend and now all I can think of is "why did I gain, what did I eat wrong?" I am going to have my husband hide the scales and only bring them out once a week.

Paris Fri, Mar-12-04 09:52

I too am glad you made the switch. I weigh weekly and it really helps with the emotional rollercoaster that the scale can bring.

neen Fri, Mar-12-04 19:44

I was so good about only weighing once a week at my weigh in group, but now I find myself getting on the scale at home. I said I was not going to become a slave to the scale so I had better get this habit corrected. Its so hard to watch the fluctuations. Where is the posted?

Neen

neen Fri, Mar-12-04 19:44

oops I meant to ask where is the challenge posted

freckles Fri, Mar-12-04 20:08

I was starting to think that I should only be weighing once a week also...because I DO get discouraged when things aren't going down...but now I'm glad I do weigh daily. I've been climbing the carb ladder and discovered that when I eat cottage cheese I am up the next day. The weight drops after a couple of days of not eating it, so if I hadn't been checking each day I never would have discovered this, and would have likely continued to eat the cottage cheese and not lose any weight. So when you're adding new stuff it might be a good idea to check the scales a bit more often. When I get to my CCLL I will probably go to once a week weighing.

nikkil Fri, Mar-12-04 20:14

I agree with Freckles on weighing more often if you're making changes.

I weigh every morning now that I finally bought a scale and it's not a good thing. I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning and then put the scale away and only weigh in on Saturdays from now on. I drive myself crazy with that stupid thing :rolleyes:

triplemom Sat, Mar-13-04 06:29

My goal is to weight once a week! I had a thread awhile back about my scale obsession, and I've had a NSV of sorts. I actually weighed every day this week, but only first thing in the morning! That's down from about 27 weighings a week! :lol: I used to get so mad at myself, playing "head games" with the scale. I would weigh first thing, and then get mad when I weighed a few hours later and would be up 3 pounds! Well, duh - clothes do weigh a little more than when I step on the scale in my panties! Anyway, I'm working towards that goal of once a week weighing on Monday morning! :roll:

TJE1219 Sun, Mar-14-04 14:22

I've been weighing once a week since I started on 12/27/03. It works much better for me. I think I have pretty big water fluctuations. I know myself. I'd obsess waaaaaaaaaaay too much if I tried to weigh every day. So now I just do my eating, mostly on auto-pilot at this point, and weigh in once a week. It can still be discouraging--I tend to go in patterns of losing some inches for about two weeks then a week or two of pound loss, so weighing just once a week is good because I have to focus on other measures, like those jeans I can now wear.

Nancy

Monika4 Sun, Mar-14-04 14:25

I agree with Freckles - when you are still experimenting with what you can add and what not, I am so glad when I get an early warning from the scale. I guess I am not a scale slave anyway because I only got frustrated when it didn't go down for a month!

rebma Sun, Mar-14-04 17:56

Eeeks, I weigh myself TONS of times a day. First thing when I wake up, then after I go bathroom, then before I go to bed at night to see how much I lose overnight while sleeping! So three times a day -- minimum!

Dumbletore Mon, Mar-15-04 05:05

I weigh only on Mondays and find its the best way, last week I weighed my self on a wednesday and thought I had gined and it put me under alot of pressure before the following Monday which I was down

But each to there own