Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Induction challenge. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=273876)

dreamslim Tue, Nov-15-05 22:11

Induction challenge.

Anyone wants to join 2-week induction challenge starting tomorrow Nov. 16. Any newbies out there? Let's get it started :)

klc145 Wed, Nov-16-05 09:12

I am in!! I need to be strict Induction. I need to lay off the peanuts and cashews especially!

Do you want to post our starting weights?

Cappy Thu, Nov-17-05 07:58

Count me in! I started induction on Monday of this week (Nov.14th) so today is day 4 for me. I didn't weigh myself that day but am estimating I was at 182. I, personally, am not going to weigh in until after the full two weeks of strict induction, otherwise I find that I either get discouraged or if I have lost a few pounds I tend to get a little relaxed with the diet. We CAN do this....have a great low carb day everyone!

klc145 Thu, Nov-17-05 08:34

Okay my starting weight as of this morning was 177. Cappy, I responded to you over in the challenge about not weighing. I am also not going to weigh in for 2 weeks. What a scary thought....I have never been successful in keeping away from the scale. I need to have my hubby hide it from me.

Cappy Thu, Nov-17-05 13:22

Hey klc145! I just responded to the other post and said you should have someone hide the scale from you! LOL! I see that our goals and progress is pretty similar, let's see each other thru this!!!!

klc145 Thu, Nov-17-05 13:47

I am definately up for that! I have been pretty good with the food parts lately but I need to stay away from nuts for the next two weeks. I am just having a problem with planning!! I am so bad at that. Then I end up hungry and reaching for a LC convenience food. I have been extremely good at not doing that for the past 1 1/2 or so but I do not want to slip up and go back to old habits.

I am ready for a clean re-induction!!!

BrittyHMS Thu, Nov-17-05 18:08

I'd LOVE to join! I know that I'm a day late, but I've been cheat-free since the 6th I believe... Wait, that's 11 days! WOOHOO!!! I'm still going to do Induction for at least another 2 weeks though, or until my body stops resisting me. ERR!! :lol:

vita33 Thu, Nov-17-05 20:32

Heya, :)

I hope it's not too late for me to join in your challenge... I plan on starting the induction phase tomorrow, and I'd be absolutely thrilled to have a support-buddy. Cheers and good luck to all!

klc145 Thu, Nov-17-05 20:33

Welcome Vita and Britty!! Not too late at all....

We are here to support each other through first time induction or re-inductors like myself ;)

We are going to get there!!!

vita33 Fri, Nov-18-05 00:41

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Klc145!
Well. I've already planned my meals for tomorrow, and set my alarm clock for 7am, so as to get some exercise prior to getting ready for work. The real challenge will lie in finding something to wear that fits. Preferably fat-camouflage clothing that doesn't make me feel trapped...

klc145 Fri, Nov-18-05 05:48

I hope your workout goes well today Vita....don't worry about what you were to the gym! No one cares...I look so ratty when I go and no one has ever said anything!!

I hope evertone has a great day today!!

CheesyPoof Fri, Nov-18-05 06:44

I'll join in, since I'm going to continue induction for a while. I've been on induction since the 7th with no problems (other than the induction flu).

Hope everyone is having a good day today!

vita33 Sat, Nov-19-05 01:52

I had an awesome first day! I find that shocking, to say the least. I did experience a mild headache towards the afternoon, but other than that, my energy levels were surprisingly decent. Oh, and I just couldn't get out of bed this morning at 7am... (no surprises here) so my workout didn't take place until much later in the evening. Last but not least, I made a short-term "investment" in a pack of 12 Myoplex, Carb Sense bars, which was more of an impulse buy, but overall a good one. (The price was too low to resist.) And they're actually quite edible; not as wholesome as a piece of fruit, but will do for induction. I hope everyone else did well, as well. :) It's good to be part of this very small, but motivating group. Cheers.

Cappy Sat, Nov-19-05 21:05

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well with this challenge. I already confessed elsewhere that I had a run-in with an applesauce cup the other night but other than that I have been *clean* since then....and I feel like I may be down a few pounds, but am sticking to my plan to not weigh in until the 28th.....Have a great wknd. everyone!

CheesyPoof Sun, Nov-20-05 12:12

I had a run in with almonds and pecans yesterday, but I don't think I did too much damage. I lost a pound the next morning (though official weigh in isn't til tomorrow).

Anyway, I'm definitely keeping nuts out of the house for now!