Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Klondike carb solutions fudge bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162806)

Smiley10 Tue, Jan-27-04 22:18

Klondike carb solutions fudge bars

I was wondering about these..has anyone tried them?? I've never had them, but i was wondering how many carbs are in them and if we are allowed to have them during induction?
thanks for any response!

Jeanne Sch Tue, Jan-27-04 22:27

Hi SMiley-
I think you are talking about the Carb Smart Fudgesicles. I LOVE THEM.

They are 3 carbs each. I think they are exactly the same thing as the Carb Smart chocolate ice cream by Breyers but on a stick (which helps with portion control).

If you find them on sale, you can get them for about $3.00 a box (6 bars to a box). There is currently a $1.00 off coupon around that you can find (you may be able to locate it on Ebay - you can get like 20 coupons for a $1.00 from some folx).

black57 Tue, Jan-27-04 23:33

I had purchased a box of the Carb Solutions Klondike fudge bars. There is quite a few in the box. They are pretty good, however, I only had 2 bars. My non-lowcarbing family members ate the rest.

Mossling Tue, Jan-27-04 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I had purchased a box of the Carb Solutions Klondike fudge bars. There is quite a few in the box. They are pretty good, however, I only had 2 bars. My non-lowcarbing family members ate the rest.

That definitely says something about the taste of the bars! Guess I'll have to get some! :agree:
Jude

Jeanne Sch Sat, Jan-31-04 15:05

Oh, to answer your question: I don't think they are allowed on induction because they are a milk product (that and you are supposed to not eat sweets too much during induction, if at all).

meagan Sat, Jan-31-04 16:14

Carb Smart strawberry ice cream is great also. :yum:

FrecklFluf Sat, Jan-31-04 16:42

Yes, those Klondike bars are yummy. They're not very dark in color, though, so they taste more chocolatey than they look.

NOGAINHERE Sat, Jan-31-04 19:32

i love carb smart ic but it does have corn syrup

me2bthin Sun, Feb-01-04 20:49

:yum: Oh I LOVE the Carb Smart products! The chocolate IC tastes like a Frosty form Wendy's. Hubby thinks the chocolate tastes like the chocolate/Peanut butter IC from Baskin Robbins, soooo I made my own sugar-free peanut butter and put some in w/ his dish of IC...OH BABY!

The Klondike ice cream bars are out of this world! The vanilla IC is creamy and the coating really addresses a STRONG urge for chocolate. Plus, portion control! As good as the 1/2 gallon is, it is difficult to eat only your 1/2 cup serving. I'd NEVER eated just a 1/2 cup of ice cream before...I eat a bowl full of ice cream. After I measured my serving and put it in a dish, I said to my D/H, "Look, Honey...this is what a serving of ice cream looks like." We both stared at it, so little and precious sitting there in a cup. "Look at the ittle-wittle ice cream scoop!" But it tastes great and if you toss a little whipped cream on it, you fill up faster and don't crave more as badly.

Mossling Mon, Feb-02-04 00:06

Okay--I went out on Friday and bought some of the Carb Sense Fudge bars. Absolutely yum. Haven't seen the low carb Klondike bars that are really Klondike bars, but they would tempt me very much. My DH and DS are willing for me to do all LC cooking--as long as they can have a Klondike bar!

Jude

me2bthin Mon, Feb-02-04 13:18

Oh MY!!! Just realized the Carb Smart vanilla is VANILLA BEAN! Oh and it is gooooood and creamy! DANGER!!!!! I'm glad this low carb stuff actually tastes good! I remember when the low fat stuff 1st came out, it was OBVIOUS that it was not the real thing and it was often pretty nasty stuff. Not so w/ this ice cream and the chocolates! MODERATION!!!!!

robinrs Mon, Feb-02-04 17:41

The fudge bars and the vanilla bean are awesome, not CRAZY about the chocolate ice cream, though, and I'm a chocoholic!