Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ff journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123153)

NURSEGAL Wed, Jul-16-03 00:04

ff journal

does anyone whos been successful with the ff have a journal of what they ate... its my first day... and finding it hard.
thanks

hey_Neener Wed, Jul-16-03 00:33

Hi,
I just got off the fat fast and lost 4 pounds in 4 days-which isn't much to some-but was wonderful after a 4 week stall. I didn't post a menu, but my journal does show I'd lived off macadamia nuts, cream cheese, heavy cream whipped with splenda and lemon, tuna with lots of mayo, and lots of water. It was boring, but I tended to nibble many times a day rather than eating three meals and time passes. I was happy to start adding salads and meat back to my menu.

KatinkaKa Wed, Jul-16-03 04:10

I'm thinking of doing a fat fast, coz I've stopped losing, and I have
to go to a wedding next week and absolutely WANT/HAVE to lose
3 pounds (got myself a new too tight dress..) How many days max is ok to follow it? Tuna mayonaise, how do you make that??
Thanks,
ciao :yay:

LadyBelle Wed, Jul-16-03 08:22

I tried the fat fast when I stalled. I lost 5 pounds, but felt miserable. Plus when I went back to induction ok foods it just all came back. By sticking to induction it took a little longer, but the weight came off and I felt a ton better at the time. Instead of jumping into the fat fast you may want to review your current menu plan and see what changes can be made. Are you having to much protien? Have you become intolerent to a certain food that is stalling your progress such as dairy? Are there hidden carbs?

If you really want to stick it out, I would recomend getting the book "More Splendid Low-Carbing" It features various menu plans that get you to the 1,000 cals and high fat, but offer more variety and recipes that meet that need. It can be ordered from www.sweety.com I don't rememnber the price, but it wa cheap I know. It and the first book in the series "Splendid Low-Carbing" are Lc recipes that use Splenda and Splenda sweetened products.

hey_Neener Wed, Jul-16-03 10:56

Tuna mixed with mayo-I guess a couple of tablespoons to a can.
I don't know if my weight has stayed off or not because just as I was going off, I started my TOM bloating. I won't know until after I start if I have a net loss or not. I agree with the others tho-don't do a fat fast lightly. It is tough to stick to. Truthfully, I didn't count calories, I just tried to eat as little as possible and when I felt weak or hungry. It can be dangerous.

KatinkaKa Thu, Jul-17-03 02:00

Thanks for the advise. I think I'll stick to a strict induction then.
No wine; that's what I have been drinking every single evening.
A nice cool rosé on a warm summer evening..mmmmmm :nono:
And lots of excersize. Then I guess/hope the dress will fit.
ciao