Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tummy Control!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=150179)

kymmie65 Fri, Nov-21-03 10:47

Tummy Control!!

Quick question to y'all out there. I have had 2 C Sections in the past 11 yrs, so of course I have the ole Ms. Doubtfire Tummy as my hubby calls it. I will be joining the gym next week and I want to know if it is at all possible for this hideous thing to go away. I used to have a flat stomach, but I am arfraid since I have not exercised like I should of, this might be permanent. EEEEK!!! Please if anyone out there has a success story let me know how you did it, how long it took and exactly what exercises you did to get rid of it. I am still doing Atkins I believe that should help some. Thank you guys so much!!

Kymmie

jedswife Fri, Nov-21-03 12:53

i had/still have that problem. it is going away slowly. must admit i have never exercised on this program but still lost 65lbs. i know i need to exercise especially my abs. i know what exercises i need to do it is just motivating my butt to do it.

try reverse sit ups - lie flat on your back - knees bent feet flat and lift your butt up and hold it. to make it even better try doing it but instead of feet flat leave only your heels on the ground its harder but it works.

lollaleelo Mon, Nov-24-03 09:23

Pilates, Lotte Berk and Callanetics

I alternate between all three, but any one of them will do wonders. I'm a c-section survivor too and while I still have some work ahead of me, I'm finally at the point where I can see my 'bikini' scar. Those of us who have been there and back recognize that as good news. ;)

Mrs. Doubtfire Tummy, huh? Well, I have an excellent lower ab exercise for you to try but you'll need hubby's help for this one. Have him stand facing away from you about 2 feet away bending at the waist. Lift your right leg, knee bent, until about waist height. Now flex your foot and tightly contract your lower abs for balance and stability. While picturing a bullseye in the middle of his right buttock, quickly and explosively straighten your leg, aiming for the center of the bullseye. Do 5 sets for each cheek or until every square inch of smart-mouth hubby's a$$ has been kicked. Measurable results in 1 session, guaranteed. :D

Help thy brother's boat across, and lo! thine own has reached the shore. -- Hindu Proverb

Mossling Mon, Nov-24-03 21:59

lollaleelo--

GREAT exercise! :lol:

Jude

westernwil Wed, Nov-26-03 10:56

That move is featured in the streaming video clip for "Kathy Smith's Kickboxing Workout", demonstated by co-instructor Keith Cook. You can check it out on www.collagevideo.com

tombiowami Thu, Nov-27-03 08:39

You may want to look into some pilates classes, the abs are a central part of that overall exercise philosophy.

Tommy