Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hello Everyone! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109324)

JoyfulOne Thu, May-29-03 13:43

Hello Everyone!

:wave: I'm so excited to be here!

I was surfing the net looking for Dr. Atkins' "Fat Fast" information and found you all!!! :D

I've been an Atkid for many years and successfully lost 20lbs a few years back. I got married in 2000 and. . . well, I'm sure you know the rest. . . good marriage, good food :yum: go hand and hand.

So now that dear husband and I are all settled in it's time to get back to business!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

lkonzelman Thu, May-29-03 13:44

Hi and welcome to you! This is a great forum and we are here for support whenever you need us.

JoyfulOne Thu, May-29-03 13:58

Lisa, thanks for the welcome.

I'm still learning how to navigate this forum. . . can you help me with posting a photo to the left of this text?

Thanks!

lkonzelman Thu, May-29-03 13:59

In your profile is an edit option to add an avatar. You just have to change the size to fit and voila we see you.

JoyfulOne Thu, May-29-03 14:18

Thanks Lisa! I did it!

I'm so impressed with the progress you've made doing the Atkins diet. It's amasing to me how dedicated a lot of people on this board seem to be. I hope that tenacity rubes off on me ;)

loveydovey Thu, May-29-03 16:53

I'm new too!!

Hey Kelly and everyone,

I'm also new! Yesterday I discovered this forum, and spent all night reading messages......there is TONS of great information here!

I've been avoiding carbs like white bread, potatoes, carrots, and pasta for a while now, maybe over a year. It's been a DIY approach, and was moderate carb if anything. I still ate cereal, grains, milk, yogurt, fruit, etc.

This is year four of exercising consistently, 6 days a week. I am a complete gym rat and do both cardio and weights when I go. I'm studying to be a personal trainer as we speak, so that may be one way I can contribute to this group! Also, I have done tons of research on vitamins and herbal supplements, so that may be another way I can help y'all out in exchange for the wise words of wisdom i'm sure to receive here.

hope everyone's having a fantastic day, it's been kind of a rough one over here and i'm looking forward to the weekend!

:heart:
Leigh-Anne

JoyfulOne Thu, May-29-03 17:14

Leigh-Anne, you are quite an impressive young lady :) I clicked on your website and also checked out your resume. I may look you up in the future for web design. I'm in the process of starting up a business and may need your expertise.

Look forward to chatting with you!

loveydovey Thu, May-29-03 17:25

WOW Kelly, that sounds great! Isn't it wonderful how the web has opened up so many more opportunties to meet people from all over? :roll:

how's your experience with atkins been so far? i'm already getting a little sick of eggs for breakfast........