Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   callanetics (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=295295)

mssekules Mon, May-01-06 13:24

callanetics

I've just come across callanetics again and am wondering if it's worth strarting now or waiting until i've lost all the weight and sticking to cardio for now?

RVcook Sun, May-07-06 17:38

Mssekules,

From what I've been reading about Callanetics in other forums, most of the people who started it, have reported EXCELLENT results while they were LCing.

I was so impressed, I just ordered the 10 in 10 video for the toning benefits. Remember, if you build more muscle, you will automatically raise your BMR and that will help you burn more calories!!!

Cardio really helped me to burn fat, so I sure can't see why you wouldn't want to keep up with it. Doing ANY exercise becomes key if you want to lose weight and look good!

Donna

mssekules Mon, May-08-06 03:16

OOhh thanks Donna, thats nice to know!!
Julie

RVcook Mon, May-08-06 07:46

You're very welcome! :)

Brook Mon, May-08-06 18:26

Callanetics ROCKS.

It's something everyone can do..super easy to modify and the work out is fantastic.

Go for it!

mssekules Tue, May-09-06 12:50

Do u think if I do put on a couple of Ibs it'll be a one off muscle thing?

Brook Tue, May-09-06 13:55

Not sure I understand what you're asking?

catcookie Wed, May-10-06 09:18

Callentics is the best for getting a lean, strong body in very short time. When I was doing just the legs tape my thighs
got so lean and long and my hips got slimmer all my jeans where hanging low on my hips!
I just started doing the tapes again myself. My plan is to do cardio
2x a week and callentics 2x a week.

MesoMaiden Thu, May-11-06 17:46

Wow! Callanetics works..and fast!

I have been doing Callanetics on and off for the past 5 years! I love it! I think I'm going to get back into again too, it's so amazing what it does for your body. I am a strong mesomorph type and want to lean out my bulky existing muscles, this does the trick! But the key is to remain consistant and try to do all the exercises correctly. It takes time, but in a few short weeks you will master them.

WyoDiva Wed, Jul-19-06 21:44

I love Callanetics. I used to do it many years ago, but got away from it. Just picked it back up again a couple weeks ago, and I love the tighter, leaner body ALREADY emerging. I'm doing it every day right now because I want to build that muscle mass and burn the fat/calories right off. Fastest working exercise program I've ever used. :)

BawdyWench Thu, Jul-20-06 03:06

Are there new tapes/DVDs? I have the original one called simply Callanetics, and the next one called Super Callanetics.

Are the exercises the same, the philosophies the same?

I remember the exercises being pretty darned hard.

deb34 Tue, Aug-29-06 13:36

can someone point me to an active Callanetics forum please?

thank you

lizzyLC Tue, Aug-29-06 13:55

Is it like pilates?
Which DVD do you like best?

BawdyWench Tue, Aug-29-06 16:53

No clue where an active thread is. This one has been sitting here for a very long time with no responses to my posts.

Yes, I do believe it's a lot like Pilates. LIKE Pilates, but very UNLIKE it, too.

It's a tough workout, so you should start with the first one.

lizzyLC Wed, Aug-30-06 08:32

Bawdy - would that be 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours????