Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I can do it!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=21711)

Shonnee Thu, Sep-27-01 17:56

I can do it!!

Well, I have started this Low Carb dieting and am finally feeling great. I have started loosing weight and wanting more to come off faster but I am not pushing it. I at least have found the only diet that works for me. I plan to stay low carb for the rest of my life. My husband is excited for me also. He has always been on my case to lose weight. He has a very high metabolizim and can eat anything that he wants but watch out because this weight is coming off. I have found that I would like to lose about 115 pounds and I am now down 19 so I am well on my way of great weight loss.

good luck to everyone else in your quest.
Shondel

lesleyc Thu, Sep-27-01 18:09

Well done Shondel.

It's just getting past that first hump is't it. I agree that this is the sort of diet that can so easily be a WOL. You don't even know your doing it!

Lesley :wave:

Raven Fri, Sep-28-01 00:56

Good for you Shonnee!!

Keep up the good work! The good thing I've found about this WOL is that time pretty much flies by as opposed to a low-fat diet where time slows to a crawl as your mind is obessed with thoughts of food...constantly. Nice to not be hungry for a change.

You go girl!

Shonnee Fri, Sep-28-01 12:21

I have found that I don't get food cravings now and I am not getting that afternoon low where I am just looking for something to munch on. I didn't realize how much carbs I actually eat. The only thing that I have a problem is that my husband and daughter don't gain any weight no matter what and how much they eat. They eat a whole lot of carbs and I just sit and eat my protein and am loving it. Just wish sometimes for that plate of spagetti but I can do with out it. I see results and am loving it. Can't wait to show everyone that I can be slim too. But at least I know that I can do it and I am doing it.
Shondel

Shonnee Tue, Oct-02-01 12:59

Doing more activities now. I am trying to walk around more at work douring the 9+ hours I am in the office. I am trying not to sit for such long periods of time so that I can get a little bit more of exercise even if it isn't a whole lot. I have dance class tonight and that will help with my daily excercise. doing situps everyday and I am starting to tell that my pants are getting a bit baggy on me now. I am going to have to start shopping for some skinny cloths soon. Not completely there yet. I can still get by with all my skirts for work now since they are elastic in the waist and I can just take the elastic in some but it is great that I am going to get rid of all my not so skinny cloths soon. Love doing the LC thing and it is helping a whole lot and is giving me great self esteem. Love it so much and I am starting to look great.
Shondel

Shonnee Wed, Oct-03-01 09:32

Had dance class last night and I am feeling great this morning after working out for about 45 minutes this morning did 30 minutes on the treadmill and now I am at work with so much energy then I have ever had here. I feel like I could go all day long. I have also seen more inches come off and my cloths are about ready to go to goodwill or a womens shelter because I want to start getting some skinny cloths so I don't feel like I am swimming in my old cloths. I have another dance class tonight and can not wait for that. I have been trying to work out two times a day because I have been feeling so great. I just can not wait to show my family when we go home how great I am starting to look.
Shondel :p

kelw369 Fri, Nov-02-01 07:18

I love your enthusiasm

Hi there,

I love how excited you are keep up the motivation. I was at your starting weight May of 2000 then boom up and up to 309. But I have almost the same goal weight as yourself. Anyway hearing your excitement has helped me to be more motivated also.
Good Luck

Kelly

Kirkwood Fri, Nov-02-01 10:42

It's funny - I put on an old pair of pants this morning, and in my pocket was a snickers wrapper. I can't tell you how many of these I used to put through the washer.

Good luck everyone!

--Kirkwood

RamonaK Sat, Nov-24-01 20:49

Way to go Shondel

I got some great advice about my goal.. rather than go for the whole ball of cheese... break my goal into smaller steps and get wins along the way... So I divded my into two... to go from 285 to 235 and then from 235 to 190ish... I have not weighed in lately but I plan to do so on Tuesday... I can't wait....

good luck... especially with the family...

ramona