Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Brand new TDC member (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101469)

nursetubby Sun, Apr-27-03 14:35

Brand new TDC member

Hi!!!!!!!

I have just found this group, but it looks right up my alley. Back in Feb of 2001 I started Atkins at 380 pounds. At 380 lbs and being only 5'4" I had a hard time shopping. It was strictly Lane Bryant and mail order for me. By November of 2001 I was down to 300 lbs!!!!!! Have mercy I discovered Wal-Mart!!!!! I also got lazy, comeplacent, and satisfied. I maintained for about a year. But eventually my falls off the wagon got longer and longer. So here I am back up at 325 pounds. I am looking for support and kinship.

Hope to hear soon!!!!!

moonbeam_2 Sun, Apr-27-03 14:49

hi, and welcome! it looks like you came to the right place! there are lots of helpful people here!

look forward to seeing "less" of you :)

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

saski Sun, Apr-27-03 14:55

Welcome!

Talon Sun, Apr-27-03 14:55

Welcome! :wave:

Glad you found us.

thebigman Sun, Apr-27-03 15:19

Welcome

Hi,
great you found this site, You will find it really friendly and helpful, you are not alone and together we can do it!

Glad to see you have started a journal, by writing in it every day, you keep motivated and on track.

Have a great week.

Graeme :wave:

Vel Sun, Apr-27-03 17:57

Welcome!

TDC is a great forum and very helpful. Nice to have you onboard!

Tracy

dcbrowne Sun, Apr-27-03 18:12

You've come to the right place-we'll be here to cheer you along pound by pound!!!

liz175 Sun, Apr-27-03 18:46

Welcome! A lot of us here can sympathize with your frustrations about finding clothes. It's nice to have another health care professional turn to low carbing.

Zora Sun, Apr-27-03 20:12

:wave: Welcome to our family! :wave:

MelanieH Mon, Apr-28-03 08:41

Welcome,

I am new here too. There is a lot of support here.
Have a nice day.

Melanie

hatetocook Mon, Apr-28-03 10:20

Hi & Welcome NT!

:wave: :wave:

I'm glad you found us!! Did you use this or a similar support network last time? I find it a great help to see all the people facing & meeting the same challenges.

Good luck!

Chloë Mae Mon, Apr-28-03 10:44

Hello, :wave:

Welcome to TDC !!!

Know where you are coming from. :agree:

I am about your height and my highest weight was 381. Was doing WW for over a year. I did lose some, but it was very, very slow and a lot of lose and gain, lose and gain. I finally got sick of it and here I am.

I am convined that high carbs and low fat make you fat and keep you addicted. I was always craving sweets and carbs on WW. :nono:

My cravings are still not 100% under control but they are a lot less then before Atkins. :thup:

This is my first time ever on Atkins or any type of low carbs, so I am hoping for faster weight loss than WW.

Keep my fingers crossed. :D

Post often and good luck. :heart:

DWRolfe Mon, Apr-28-03 11:12

Welcome

Welcome to the forum and to the Triple Digits club, NurseTubby!

You're right, this place is the right (and best) place to be if you're looking for support and a real community of people facing the same challenges that you're facing.

There's lots of information here (both current and past) to draw from. So have fun navigating your way around and getting settled in!

Donald :wave: