Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I love almonds! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179162)

sharann Sat, Apr-17-04 23:28

I love almonds!

This is soooo weird b/c I always hated almonds, picked them out of stuff etc..,but I just tried some out of curiosity and I like 'em! I guess low carcing changed my tastes? I am thrilled, since I grew tired of macadmia nuts and peanuts. Who knew???

jadefox26 Sat, Apr-17-04 23:52

funny you sould say that, because I've found oput that I like a lot more things than I use to too!! It must be that the atkins changes your tastebuds or something!! I never thought in a million that I'd eat olives for example - but I LOVE them now - wierd huh?

LilaCotton Sun, Apr-18-04 00:55

Yes, LCing does change your tastes. I used to drink at least a 2-litre bottle of DietRite a day, and now my drink of preference is water. I do like a little bit--about a half can to a full can once or twice a day, but no more.

Also, 'normal' foods taste completely weird now. I ate a grape today and it was just too sweet. Other foods, too, that I dearly loved before, I've tasted and they were just weird.

I was never a picky eater before, though, so I actually like a lot less foods now than I did before. LOL

libra81 Mon, Apr-19-04 12:58

my tastes have changed a lot, a lot of stuff that I never would have eaten taste so good to me know. The other day I had a very small taste of frosting I was making and it was way too sweet. Its very weird how it happens though

widdlemama Wed, Apr-21-04 23:20

I like to eat the raw almonds. They really seem to satisfy me for a snack

sybs Thu, Apr-22-04 06:20

I've changed as well, butn othing major. I crave nuts, but I think almonds make me sick now, where they didn't used to. but that has yet to be determined!

Fridaylove Thu, Apr-22-04 06:51

I have heard that your tastes change something like every seven years or so.
I recently found out that I like, celery...I never liked it before. I don't love it or anything, but I can eat it.

I think this way of eating has encouraged me to try things that I might not have before.
Also to give up things that I thought I couldn't live without.

BlitzedAng Thu, Apr-22-04 06:52

Sharann..... THat is me to A "T".
I never ate almonds before this woe, even picked them out of cereal or anything. Now I crave them all the time. THat is why I fed them to my adorable lil monsters :)

Itty Thu, Apr-22-04 07:59

Hi

My biggest problem is that I have been eating almonds for almost a year now, and my darn roommate decided to bring home chocolate covered almonds! DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION! Trust me, I've gained seven pounds and I attribute most of it to these little devils...!

M