Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New here but very frustrated with NO loss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=139193)

LorynJohn Wed, Sep-24-03 18:22

New here but very frustrated with NO loss

New to this board but I need SOMEONE to tell me what Im doing wrong!! Ive been on Atkins for about 16 days-and to the best of my knowledge Im following the diet VERY sticktly. BUT IM NOT LOOSING!! What am I doing wrong???? Im so frustrated I want to scream! I know weight loss is a slow process but I really thought Id have SOME loss by now. I did feel my clothing becoming looser the first week but thats all stopped. And I KNOW Im under the recommended 20 carbs. And Im staying in induction till I see SOEMTHING happen on that scale!

Sorry my first post is such a downer but Im so frustrated I feel like quiting-but frankly Im afraid that if I quit I'll suddenly BALLOON UP with all the fats and proteins Ive been eating! So, if only for that reason, it looks like Im not quitting.

About the only thing that Im doing that isnt allowed is ONE cup of coffee in the am with a splash of heavy cream in it-is THAT whats making me not loose???

SO frustrated, L

LadyBelle Wed, Sep-24-03 18:47

It is hard to tell unless you post some of your daily menus.

You might also want to get a free account at www.fitday.com to be sure you aren't getting over 20 net carbs a day. Alot of things have carbs such as eggs, coffee, bacon and so on. On induction you want to shoot for 70% of your calories from fat. Sometiems people on induction eat way to much protien and not enough fat slowing thier weight loss.

ian559 Wed, Sep-24-03 19:12

please post your days foods for us. Ladybelles advice is all the way to go. Fitday is brutally honest. Its nice to look it up and see where you stand at anytime of the day.

misslady77 Wed, Sep-24-03 22:58

i am experiencing the exact same thing you are not alone. its weird im on day 17 and we are the same weight

Paleoanth Thu, Sep-25-03 05:30

I lose inches before I lose weight-I find it is just as important to measure as it is to weigh.

I also agree that you should post some menus-maybe we can see some things that might be known stallers.

trw1966 Thu, Sep-25-03 06:21

I've been on Atkins since June 25th. I lost only 3 pounds during induction and stayed at that weight for 9 WEEKS. Just this past week I've lost 5-6 pounds.

I believe it's from upping my carbs a little AND from adding Chromium Picolinate (1-400 mg a day). Maybe you aren't eating enough carbs?

You should post your menu. You would be surprised at the hidden carbs/sugars that might be added throughout your day.

Stick with it---I'm so glad I did!

"T" :)

austinp23 Thu, Sep-25-03 12:37

I am new also, this time, but lost 23 pounds over 90 days back in 1973! It worked great then (when I was 25) now it moves more slowly. I have been in induction for 25 days w/ no loss of pounds but most of my tummy is gone and my old pants fit. The loss of inches is welcome and I will stay on until some pounds drop. Stay on course and keep checking with others.