Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Whats for Breakfast Today... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130222)

Boom Wed, Aug-13-03 06:16

Whats for Breakfast Today...

For me I am eating some maple turkey and maybe I will microwave a few cheese crackers.

Kristine Wed, Aug-13-03 07:31

Spinach and cheese quiche for me. I got up early and whipped one up. :yum:

mkathy6 Wed, Aug-13-03 07:58

A few strawberries and an atkins muffin :)

Quest Wed, Aug-13-03 08:34

I went out for breakfast, and had an omelet they called a Bacado--bacon, avocado, and cheese, topped with sour cream and salsa. Wow! I would never have ordered this before Atkins.

LadyBelle Wed, Aug-13-03 09:40

I'm having a mock danish made from 2oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 scoop carb solutions shake, 1 pat butter, and a spoonful of LC jelly. Plus coffee. It has around 75% fat, so keeps me full. The shake gives it added protien and a chocolate taste. I have to keep experimenting because normally the mock danishes are really disapointing, the high fat keeps me full nicely though.

Frederick Wed, Aug-13-03 09:43

Strawberries with peanut butter and cream cheese.

Ok, that must seem very unappetizing to many of you, but it's what I had--and I liked it. LOL

upncomer Wed, Aug-13-03 10:19

This morning I had a cheeseburger (sans bread), and some steamed cauliflower. Since hubby does most of the cooking, I am surprised daily of the stuff he whips up!! :)

Jannie Wed, Aug-13-03 10:32

A hard-boiled egg and 2 Atkins muffins. Other faves: Keto brand l/c oatmeal, omelettes (think outside the box-last night's leftovers are often GREAT in an omelette), Atkins pancakes... :yay:

hobbitgirl Wed, Aug-13-03 13:32

This morning? Egg salad- two hard boiled eggs, plus mayo.

hysteria Wed, Aug-13-03 13:34

Slice of pork tenderloin marinaded in chipolte sauce and a LoCarb Bar (to satisfy my sweet tooth)

BTW - Frederick, the strawberries w/ cream cheese & pb sound utterly DELIGHTFUL!!! I am going to have to stop for some strawberries tonight :)

jennie_m Wed, Aug-13-03 13:53

:yum:
I had "French Toast" (the one made with pork rinds) with Atkins maple syrup and a stalk of celery. I absolutely love the person who came up with that recipe...I mean if they were right in front of me, I'd lay a big kiss on 'em!

Boom Wed, Aug-13-03 13:55

I really need to get brave and try that french toast recipe. I am starting to like pork rinds now.

tammay Wed, Aug-13-03 16:03

For mid-week, I get up early so I have to grab something so I make a quiche but pour it in a muffin tin instead of a regular baking pan and just grab two little quiche muffins and zap them in the microwave. Other mornings when I'm not in a hurry I have 2 eggs, either scrambled or hard-boiled, red pepper or tomato, and some kind of cheese (usually cottage cheese). I used to love having something sweet every morning like the Mock Danish and even got off my duff a couple of weekends and made some LC muffins (with flax seed or almond flour) and had those for the week. But I found that non-sweet breakfasts, especially the egg, veggie and cheese combo really keeps my energy much higher and satisfies me more for the rest of the day.

Tam

madmike Wed, Aug-13-03 19:05

Pork Rind French Toast?

Hey, how about sharing that recipe for the Pork Rind French Toast? Sounds kind of loony but heh, I will try anything once. My breakfast is always the same on the way to work. One "Bahama Mama" pickled sausage (Wow, that is one spicy sausage!) and a Diet Sunkist. mad

sasquatch Wed, Aug-13-03 20:54

Tuna Salad & a protein powder shake