Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New Rewards.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137048)

Epattib Sun, Sep-14-03 04:54

New Rewards....

I am so happy to be **LOSING** I have discovered I dropped a size, so I bought a new pair of khaki's in size 14 and threw out the size 16's Hurrah.

In addition, fo hitting the 25 lbs lost mark, I am going to get a massage.

Wht do you do to reward yourself?

Patti

yvonne326 Sun, Sep-14-03 05:02

Same as you...buy clothing :)

JV1311 Sun, Sep-14-03 06:45

I usually get my hair done.

Alina Sun, Sep-14-03 07:51

I too buy clothes, all the 'fat' ones are gone by now.
Before LC'ing nothing would fit, now my VISA doesn't fit in the wallet :lol:

Alina

potatofree Sun, Sep-14-03 12:28

I'm saving up my "big" clothes to give to the women's shelter. I can feel good about losing weight AND about helping someone.....AND get to go shopping for new ones! I win all the way around!

When I get to goal weight, I want to really splurge. I'm starting a little "secret stash" and being a cheapskate about new clothes now. (I still reward myself with new, but at Wal-Mart..) By the time I reach my goal weight, I'll have saved up enough for something special. it's a motivation to look in the catalogs and plan the "perfect" splurge, since I'll be at a size they actually carry!

rosemam Sun, Sep-14-03 12:32

Hm...this is something that i've been thinking about for awhile. How can i reward myself without food. Well i'm a college student; so i'm obviously on a budget. I will definately splurge when i loose ALL the weight with daddy's money. lol. But in the mean time i'm trying to figure out mini goal rewards. Any ideas?

Archie Sun, Sep-14-03 12:36

I stand on the scale, stare at the little window and the new low reading and giggle like someone newly insane. Then I get off and then I get on and do it again. :daze:

hey_Neener Sun, Sep-14-03 12:47

Me too Archie-But I add a happy dance! The kids get giggly watching me.

I take new photos and like to shop too.

Potatofree- Something how cheap clothes look just fine on a smaller frame! I used to buy very good quality clothes at my old size-figuring if I couldn't be smaller I could at least be well clothed/groomed. I look pretty good in my bang arounds now-if I must say so myself.

Mischab Sun, Sep-14-03 13:29

When I lose weight and inches - I am thrilled about putting on my nice old clothes!!! I will buy a whole new wardrobe (with the help of my Mom) when I can't fit into my nice old clothes anymore!
Mischa

hey_Neener Sun, Sep-14-03 13:41

Mischab,
It's been so long since I've been smaller (15 years, with 10 at over 200 pounds) that I simply don't have smaller clothes. Unfortunates like me have to go and buy new stuff, darn it! :wiggle:
My shoes don't fit anymore either! Don't need the size wide-they flop on my feet.

Birddog Sun, Sep-14-03 14:59

The first thing I do is to take my clothes that are to big and donate them to the womens shelter or to our church. But I guess the best reward I give myself is a massage. Every Wednesday there is a physical therapist that comes the excerise room in our bldg. It is great. :lol:

Mischab Sun, Sep-14-03 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_Neener
Mischab,
It's been so long since I've been smaller (15 years, with 10 at over 200 pounds) that I simply don't have smaller clothes. Unfortunates like me have to go and buy new stuff, darn it! :wiggle:
My shoes don't fit anymore either! Don't need the size wide-they flop on my feet.

Congrats to you hey_Neerer! I can't wait till the day that I have to get new clothes too! I have trouble getting rid of old clothes - so I must have 10 sizes of outfits here! I really do want to do shopping - and I guess that's one thing on my congrats to myself list to do!
Mischa

melissasvh Sun, Sep-14-03 17:00

rosemam -

I'm on a college student's budget, so I, too, know how hard it can be to reward yourself. You should be able to find a chair massage for around $15 - it's almost as relaxing and refreshing as a table massage. Something else is to buy one piece of clothing. I've found some really cute stuff at inexpensive places like Target and Payless Shoe Source for shoes. Treat yourself to a new shade of nail polish or a face mask and pamper yourself. I'm looking forward to another few pounds, and I'll be splurging on Bath & Body Works's new pumpkin face mask. Also think about something that you might not normally do, such as a trip to a museum or planetarium. A day-long pass into a local swim & tennis or fitness club (we have a couple of really ritzy ones around here that I won't be able to afford until I'm well out of school...) Buy that new book that's been calling you for a while. There are a lot of things that you can do for under $20.

fishburg Sun, Sep-14-03 17:05

The day a break 150 lbs I am going to the travel agent and book a second honeymoon!!! That is 100 pounds away - so I think that will work out with my 20th wedding aniversery in three years :Party: . Where we are going I am not sure - Greece, Scotland or maybe Austria. :lol:

I have three years to think this through!!! :yay:

Until then just knowing I am acheiving a healthier life will have to due.

rozezone Sun, Sep-14-03 17:08

Go to greece - incredible!

I dont really have a goal set, but I plan on buying a new pair of jeans in about a month, I'm shrinking right out of these! That's my reward!