Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Lots of Karens Here! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33045)

Karen Tue, Feb-05-02 20:44

Lots of Karens Here!

I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of Karen's around here so I went to check the member list. There are!

Maybe there is some sort of Kabalarian vibration to the name that destines one to become a low-carber.

Any theories Karens?

Karen Vancouver
Karen B Thunder Bay Ontario
karen d massachusettes
Karen Rose Mariposa, Ca
karen4me shenandoah valley of Virginia
Karen53 Michigan
KarenB Wisconsin USA
KarenF Delaware Beaches, DE
karengirl
Karennecho San Bernardino, Ca
KarenSyed Grand Prairie, TX
Karen_Mc Texas Coast
Karen_nsca New Hampshire
karen_w nj
KetoKaren

Karen!

Kay Wed, Feb-06-02 00:49

Karen, you crack me up! It could be true. I am a Karen in real life. Didn't want to use the name since it was already so prominent (and revered!!!)

Any more secret Karens out there?

By the way, my parents chose that name because they thought it would be unique. Hah! I was one of several Karens in any school grade I can remember.

Karen Wed, Feb-06-02 01:47

Aha! An outed Karen. :D

My nickname is K. I'll have to ask my father why they chose the name. There weren't many in my school.

I think I will have to check into Kabalarian writings to see if there is some sort of pre-disposition that comes with the name.

Karen

rustpot Wed, Feb-06-02 04:47

anything to oblige

Here is you Kabalerian reading
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your first name of Karen gives you the desire for responsibility and takes you into practical pursuits. You would excel in work of a technical nature where concentration and attention to detail are important. Whatever you undertake, you have the patience and determination to do well. You feel a sense of security in positions of responsibility where progress is made through systematic, step-by-step procedures. However, you lack vision and you could become too involved in technical details, system, and routine. You do not readily adjust to changes in your routine. You find it difficult to be spontaneous and fluent in verbal expression, and are prone to make rather direct comments that are not accepted in the way you intend them. Home and children are important to you, and you desire a settled environment. There is a tendency to assume more than your share of duties, and others could impose on your good nature, thus over-burdening you with responsibilities that could cause you to worry. A fondness for heavy, rich foods could, through overeating, cause you to suffer through intestinal and digestive troubles.
I assure you I have not made this up

cimart Wed, Feb-06-02 06:38

Kabalerian reading

Hi rustpot, :)

Could you post a reading of the name Cynthia or Cindy? I know, you will probably be flooded with requests! :daze:

Thanks,

cimart ;)

agonycat Wed, Feb-06-02 07:20

How about this :)

http://www.kabalarians.com/gkh/your.htm#links

Karen Wed, Feb-06-02 12:30

LOL! Thanks Rustpot!

We now know the true Kabalarian nature of Karens!

Too hysterical! Part of it's true and part of it isn't. Maybe I should change my name.

Amy

Natrushka Wed, Feb-06-02 13:39

I've been meaning to check this thread out all day - I finally popped in - what a riot. Interesting page as well, rustpot, thanks for the diversion.

Karen

AngelaR Thu, Feb-07-02 17:38

Thanks for link agonycat.

Mine is 100% dead on. Every word of it. *LOL* wierd coincidence. Thanks for the chuckle.

rustpot Thu, Feb-07-02 20:06

I checked my own real name which, surprise surprise, is not Rustpot and the reading was way off. I would love to know the theory behind this.

I know this is a low carb forum but curious if anyone knows the history /background?

aR e yoU ST eve?

Indeed I am

allisonm Thu, Feb-07-02 21:17

Well, Rustpot, maybe some mysterious force compelled you to rename yourself because Steve ultimately was the wrong name. Here are the results for Rust:

Rust

The name of Rust creates a happy, versatile, and expressive nature, with good
business judgment and a fine sense of responsibility, which should enable you
to establish congenial relationships in positions of trust where you are dealing
with the public. You have a clever, quick mind, with the ability to accomplish a
great deal in a short period of time, although it is not easy for you to systematize
your efforts. This name could allow expression along musical and artistic lines
and gives you the desire to entertain and to meet and mix with people of
refinement and culture. It also brings out your love of home and family, and in
close association you are able to show understanding and affection. Others are
attracted by your generosity and your consideration of their interests. Although
this name is well balanced, if it is combined with a surname that is not
harmonious, you would tend to worry and find it difficult to organize your
efforts. Also, should you over-indulge in sweet, rich foods you could experience
skin or liver problems.

Any more accurate?

Allison

rustpot Fri, Feb-08-02 04:08

Call in Mulder and Skully

Thats really weird. I can go along with most of that.

So Rust it is

KarenB Fri, Feb-08-02 21:55

Just sittin' here laffin'...

The whole thing really is *too* funny! I had *no idea* there were that many of us around here!!!

And yeah, that reading's pretty darn close... I used to *hate* my name, all through gradeschool where I was the only Karen in my class. Then I got to jr high, and there was one other--and she was my nemesis from Day One. At least her surname began with an S, so we didn't have to *sit* next to one another! :lol:

I also remember the first time someone asked me how to spell Karen. I honestly had no idea there was any other way!

Karen Fri, Oct-11-02 18:11

Karen Thread Update

We have more Karens since this thread was originally posted. Are there any more Karens out there under a different name?

Karen
karen 106
Karen B
karen d
Karen Rose
karen v
Karen-SC
karen4me
Karen53
KarenB
KarenF
karenfaith
karengirl
KarenK
karenk39
karenlfc20
karenmiz
Karenn
Karennecho
karensa
karensan
KarenShave
KarenSyed
Karen_Mc
Karen_nsca
karen_w
KetoKaren
lpoolkaren

Umm, Karen!

fridayeyes Fri, Oct-11-02 22:55

Ok, ok! Fine, I'll come out of the Karen closet, too!

There, now. Feel better?

:) :)

Karen

P.S. As for the etymology of the name, it is a Teutonic variant of 'Catherine' and means 'pure. (Hey, no laughing!) Also linked to the Greek root for the word "cathartic". Then, of course we have the Cathars, cathexis and catheter, but now I'm getting distinctly un-romantic, so I'll stop there. ;) Or perhaps it's just that LC is essentially a cathabolic process? **ducks and runs**