Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New here....not to lo-carb WOE!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29304)

Termy Sun, Jan-06-02 23:14

New here....not to lo-carb WOE!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I would like to say hi and indroduce myself. I have been on "the plan" for 6 days now after being off it for a year. I started In early 1999 at a weight of 295. After starting this diet, with my then wife, I decided that this was the easiest way for me to lose weight as I have asthma and excersise is not my "forte". I went down to an amazing 220 in less than 8 months and thought that this was a good weight to be and went straight to maintinence. It was only after I seperated from my wife that I went into eating anything and everthing. I went right away up to 250 in no time. I maintained that weight for most of the year I was off "the plan". My decision to do this again was that I went up to 265 and was having back problems again because I was too front heavy. So now having started again on Jan 1/02 I am proud to say I am down 7 pounds in 6 days,weight 255 and feel awesome with no problems switching back to low-carb eating. I found this site tonight and hope to talk and share stories of progress. Thanks everyone!!!!

Rob :spin:

LC Sponge Mon, Jan-07-02 05:42

Hi Rob - welcome "back"! :)

You already know all the benefits and you are obviously 'up' on all the low carb ins and outs. Stick around. Newbies to low carbing always benefit greatly from the experience of those who have 'gone before'.

We have a few 'regular' experienced gents on the board, and I know they'd welcome additional compatriots :)

alto Mon, Jan-07-02 09:43

Hi, Rob. Welcome. You already know low carb works for you, so your way should be easy -- glad that your transition back has been painless :) You might wish to start a Journal. It's a good way of keeping track of your progress. Reading other journals can be a boost, too.

gwilson38 Mon, Jan-07-02 14:21

hi Rob

welcome to the forum! Im curious, what do U mean by "the plan"? Im on Atkins, altho since I hit maintainence I have been reading a lot of other low-carb plans and generally I will just stick to eating just enough carbs to feel good but not gain weight. Where in canada are U? Im in sunny Alberta..LOL well it is today anyway. Good luck to U, Im sure U will get back to where U feel good again.

Termy Mon, Jan-07-02 21:00

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think that I will like it here. I have started a journal on a site called www.fitday.com that I also found reading the other forums. The journal is not publis but will be soon! I hope to talk to more af you and have a great day!

BTW

Just to let gwilson38 know what I mean it is The Protein Power Plan that I am on.

TTYS

Rob :spin: