Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Made my day!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=189345)

MyJourney Sat, Jun-05-04 08:42

Made my day!!!

Was on my morning walk today and some lady drives up to me, rolls down the window and asks: Are you the same girl who walks around every day and lost a lot of weight? She said she remembers a while back a girl who used to walk around who used to be much much heavier walking but she couldnt tell if I was the same girl because she didnt recognize me. She said she watches me walk every morning and she is just shocked and amazed at the amount of weight I lost.

Of all days too I was wearing a big old frumpy 3x T-shirt thats falling off of me (I slept in it and was lazy and didnt feel like changing) and big big frumpy shorts.

She started asking me all these questions and then asked me how much I lost and how much I weighed. I didnt really want to tell her my weight so I just said 150 and she said she was amazed and I look like I weigh much much less than that.

I tried to educate her a little on Atkins. She was asking about the somersizing plan and the no sugar low carb thing. She seemed into Low carb but afraid of Atkins.

It was really nice talking to her and she totally made my day.

After talking to her I was walking home and on the way some guy was mowing his lawn and yelled out to me: Hey, looking good!

I just smiled and walked away.

Man, maybe I should wear frump clothes more often!

black57 Sat, Jun-05-04 08:51

What a wonderful story. Well, I am gonna get back to my exercise routine when school lets out and I have a bit more freedom. Keep up the good work.

Petrina31 Sat, Jun-05-04 08:56

What a great story! Maybe I should start taking my workout outside. :)

My clothes are also starting to look super frumpy and I can't yet afford to buy some new ones. I was joking with my sister that I should treat myself to a printed tee-shirt that reads, "I really haven't taken a dump in my pants. I've just lost weight" because my pants are getting so roomy in the seat area.

sinistress Sat, Jun-05-04 08:57

Well that would make my day too! You should be proud of yourself...remember we are harder on ourselves than anyone else, so give yourself a break and acknowledge the fact that ou are doing great! I saw your pic in your journal and you are beautiful and look awesome....sometimes you have to tell the image YOU see in the mirror to just shut up!

Have a great day!

niudog Sat, Jun-05-04 09:21

Good for you. . . Chalk that experience up as one of lifes little victories!!!

nfb02001 Sat, Jun-05-04 09:49

What a fantastic compliment! You have lost an amazing amount of weight and I'm sure you look terriffic! No wonder you're attracting strangers... =)

Emeraulde Sat, Jun-05-04 10:42

Congrats! That would make MY day too! Also, I'm one of those people that would drive up and roll down my window just to encourage you! 'cept that wasn't me cuz I live a long ways from you :)

Keep up the good work!

jadefox26 Sat, Jun-05-04 11:23

WOW, fantastic! That's just so cool - what a totally great thing to do!!!! I bet you were so pleased - I can't wait to get to that stage!

bob2112 Sat, Jun-05-04 14:34

Made My Day

Thats an awesome story!! Keep up the good work.

Demi Sat, Jun-05-04 14:59

What a great story :)

Delta Fox Sat, Jun-05-04 18:25

What a great feeling!! It's nice when others take the time to notice all your hard work and voice their good thoughts!! :) It's so true that we sometimes don't realize just how far we've come. My girlfriend and I were talking over coffee the other day and I said "I feel so negative about my appearance lately, like I still look really fat/gross." She said, "You know when you look in the mirror on those days when you feel great...other people see you like that all the time." It made me smile and gave me something to think about. Now when I feel negative about myself, I think of what she said and just try to smile my way thru it!! ;)
Keep up the good work!!

LilaCotton Sat, Jun-05-04 19:26

Cool beans! I keep hoping my friends will notice my weight loss but so far only family members have. Still, it's nice someone notices. And frankly, all my friends are even more self-absorbed than I am so I could get all the way to goal before any of them notice. ;)

allibaba Sat, Jun-05-04 19:56

Good for you :). It's awesome that you probably left for your walk thinking you looked like crap after sleeping in your shirt and then you get 2 compliments! Keep it up.
Alli

ex_vegan Sat, Jun-05-04 23:09

congrats

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
yay!!!

monica26 Sun, Jun-06-04 05:56

That is great there are nice people out there! :) Glad you had a wonderful day.Theres more to come Im sure :)