Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Introduction! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91885)

Angelica Tue, Mar-11-03 22:15

Introduction!

Hey Everyone..:)

I wanted to introduce myself. I have been posting in other forums for about 2 weeks now. I'm from El Paso, TX, 21 years old, and in love with my kitten Noodle..:)

The my highest weight that I choose to measure came in at 300 pounds, after which I just kind of gave up, and tried to deny the fact that I needed to lose so much weight. That was about 3 years ago. I've been on Atkins induction for roughly 3 weeks now, and in that time, my weight has dropped to 285 pounds. It was a major achievement in my life, and I will never forget how I felt that day.

So I am basically here for support from a particular group of people who know how it feels to be this heavy. I plan on continuing this "diet" for as long as I am able. I'm so thankful for finding you all, and of course, finding Dr. Atkins book..:)

So, Hi!
:wave:

LittleAnne Wed, Mar-12-03 03:07

Welcome

Hi Angelica and welcome to the triple digits forum. Glad to see that you have started a journal. I find mine a great motivator.

Being so young, with determination I am sure that those pounds will melt away quite quickly. I agree whole heartedly with you about finding Atkins. For me, I wish I had known about it when I was your age.

Every success.

Dingo10520 Wed, Mar-12-03 06:19

Welcome Angelica and congratulations! I know you're going to like this forum and LOVE eating low carb! By the way, my kitten loves nibbles of pork rinds...she must be a low-carber too!

Come see us again soon and let us know how you are doing.
Sue

dcbrowne Wed, Mar-12-03 14:41

Welcome Angelica-Wow I wish I knew about low carb when I was 21. Its a great way to enjoy food and become healthier at the same time. And do watch those pork rinds around your kitty! My dog is mad for them!! Have a great loCarb day

celtinore Wed, Mar-12-03 22:29

Amen, Donna! Wish I'd known about Doc Atkins when I was 21, too!

Welcome, Angelica! (My 5 cats say welcome, too, and are waving their paws to say "Hello" to Noodles!)

Angelica Wed, Mar-12-03 23:50

Hey Guys..:)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I really appreciate the support. By no means is this easy. I feel very lucky to have found Low Carb. I actually tried Sugar Busters when I was still in highschool, but the temptation was a little too much for me.

I re-read my last post - I must truly be a carb addict to name my cat Noodle! She'll never go near the pork rinds, she keeps kosher just like I do, however, she has eaten an entire package of cream cheese when I turn my back!

I look forward to my (at least!) full year with the TDC!

Angelica

celtinore Thu, Mar-13-03 18:08

Hey, I've got one named BISCUIT ... :)

liz175 Fri, Mar-14-03 21:47

Welcome Angelica, I'm glad you found us. :wave: I'm a cat lover also. Have you noticed that cats naturally eat low carb? I read somewhere that all the low carb eating animals are leaner than the high carb eating animals and I think it is true.