Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Pat me on the back.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153786)

potatofree Fri, Dec-12-03 22:25

Pat me on the back....

I just did the unthinkable... I made a bag of popcorn for my son, and did NOT even snitch ONE kernel!!!

He needs supervision and a bit of help when he eats, so I had to sit riiiight next to it, and when those voices in the head started letting me talk myself into "just a few bites"...I did a Dr Phil on myself and talked myself out of it. I also kept my mouth occupied with some celery dipped in a little peanut butter.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Kathy54 Fri, Dec-12-03 22:34

Wow, that is a great example of self control !!!

PAT,PAT,PAT !!

petcrazed Fri, Dec-12-03 23:08

way to go!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

:cheer:

4beans4me Sat, Dec-13-03 09:21

<pat pat pat> WTG!!:yay:

AzureMoon Sat, Dec-13-03 09:28

Good for you!

scottjan Sat, Dec-13-03 11:05

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat, Pat, Pat

judyr Sat, Dec-13-03 15:38

What a success! Breaking the "little- bites" habbit is so hard, but so important to this WOE. [sigh]

GabrielleG Sat, Dec-13-03 19:26

WoW if you are anything like me that was sooo hard to do. Popcorn is the one thing that I actualy have a hard time with. I avoid movie theaters because of it.

potatofree Sat, Dec-13-03 19:44

GabrielleG-- lets just say the BIG bags of microwave popcorn are what I consider "single serve".....and don't get me STARTED on "kettle corn"..(luckily the microwave versions suck. but I know how to make the REAL stuff...<sigh>)

verniebird Sun, Dec-14-03 09:40

I am glad to hear that you are back on track PotatoFree. I bought the Dr. Phil book a few months back but with school and work I have not even cracked the cover. I love to read your posts on how your reading has bolstered your program. One of these days I will get a chance to read the book and, hopefully, I will get as much from it as you do. But for now, I will have to be content to get my Dr Phil-isms through your posts!

DeanaJane Sun, Dec-14-03 09:54

Way to go.
What a sense of pride to know you CAN do it.

Deana

Wenzday Sun, Dec-14-03 10:00

I do this every day...and popcorn is something I LOVE and miss too...and I am sure you, like me have to make and serve MANY thngs each day and not eat... it really is more challanging...my son is addicted to popcorn and I even have to pop it for my helpless husband ;)

Congrats! :)

katwoman Sun, Dec-14-03 11:02

Don't you feel great knowing you are stronger than a kernel of popcorn? If your past eating patterns are anything like mine, in the past I had no control.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

curly Sun, Dec-14-03 12:36

congratulations! :D :hyper:

jen2losew8 Sun, Dec-14-03 14:22

Way to go! I had a similar experience last night. I was at my nephew's birthday party and his grandma had made him a chocolate cake with chocolate icing topped with caramel and Snickers Bars! Real healthy, right? Well, I told her to give me a small piece that I could share with my son. She gave me a GIGANTIC piece and I fed it to my son (well, the 3 bites he ate of it) and then I put the rest of it down, and walked away from it. Not a single little bite!

It is an awesome feeling to have that kind of control, isn't it? Wow!