Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   bathroom problems (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121521)

erbadger Wed, Jul-09-03 14:38

bathroom problems

Iww gross! Heres the problem, not that I am stopped up, but quite the oppostite! I have on average 15-30g fiber a day (I eat unprocessed wheat bran and flax seeds a lot) Probably average is mid 20gs. I have not had any sugar alcohols since last thursday, where I was really bad and had a lot of them (I'd estimate like 50g?) I have had at least 68 oz water (more like 100 or so) and been regular until today where I have been more than regular. So my question is, do you think this is due to last weeks sugar alcohols? I have been having some other (non-low carb related) medical situations lately, and I wanted to see if anyone thought this was from sugar alcohols before I told my doctor!

Thanks

LadyBelle Wed, Jul-09-03 15:57

It could be the sugar alcohols. It also could be a food intolerence. If I eat cheese or any dairy except yogurt or a very small amount of cream cheese, I have the same problem. If you are just starting out and weren't eating raw veggies before the new rouage could be contributing. Examine your diet and see if there is any food that seems to trigger it. You might also try cutting out the typical causes such as dairy, LC foods such as bars, shakes, or candies and so on. Customizing this WOE makes it not only a lot more effective in the weight loss department, but makes it easier to stick to it for life and feel healthy while you are doing it.

RickinTN Wed, Jul-09-03 16:15

Wish I could help you. This has been happening to me no matter what I eat for the past 3 or 4 days :(

Rosebud Wed, Jul-09-03 16:26

Many folk have diarrhoea while low carbing.

Try psyllium husks. Psyllium is very useful stuff - it fixes both constipation and diarrhoea by softening while adding bulk.

You can take it as capsules, or, the cheaper option, just buy the raw husks and add 1 tablespoon to a glass of water. It tastes kinda like chaff :daze: but adding a bit of lemon juice helps. :)

Do make sure you are drinking plenty of water while taking psyllium.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

acohn Wed, Jul-09-03 17:37

I'll second the suggestion for Psyllium husks. I get 2-3 Tb daily in my Faux Malto Meal. It provides fiber, and some potassium, calcium, and magnesium, to boot.

erbadger Wed, Jul-09-03 19:07

Fiber isn't the problem, I take both flax seeds and unprocessed wheat bran. I get about 20g a day. I am normally like clockwork. I have not really added any new foods, i have been on this WOE since january. I guess I have had a little extra soymilk this week, but I normlly drink some anyways. I guess i will wait and see, if It continues it is probably related to my continuous nausea (not related to this WOE) but, if I am good tomorrow, I will assume it is the sugar alcohols!

Thanks for the advice!