Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Snack - you won't believe (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=67642)

MarieC Fri, Oct-25-02 13:13

Snack - you won't believe

Okay, got a bit hungry today. I've done a lot of diary reading and seems folks are hooked on nuts. So.........I snuck out of the office and over to the 7-11 for a bag of nuts. Eeek - quiet a few carbs for a little bag and they didn't have any almonds. So............
...........I had some pork rinds and put cream cheese on them! As gross as this sounds - it was pretty darn yummy!

I gotta plan ahead for my snacks.................... :D

krazzybird Fri, Oct-25-02 13:19

Marie -

Doesn't sound that weird to me... but I have been know to dip my pork rinds in Marie's creamy dressings... (now that may be weird). I think my love for pork rinds has increased since I am not having nuts - helps to have that crunch ! :)

tofi Fri, Oct-25-02 13:42

I LOVE pork rinds. When my husband brings out a cheese platter, he puts crackers for him and pork rinds for me. Any soft cheese is great on them. And you can alternate them for hard cheeses.
:wave:

KatieB Fri, Oct-25-02 14:14

So far I've had pork rinds with cream cheese, salmon flavored cream cheese, Ranch Dip and Brie. All of them were great!

Katie

cdaves Fri, Oct-25-02 14:39

Can you have Pork Rinds when you're doing Induction?

Carol :confused:

krazzybird Fri, Oct-25-02 14:43

Umm.... Believe so.... Since it is all pork fat and salt.

Love those little suckers! :D

Lisa N Fri, Oct-25-02 14:48

Carol....

Yup...pork rinds are legal on induction. They have zero carbs. Just watch the sodium levels as lots of salt tends to make many people retain water.

cdaves Fri, Oct-25-02 15:06

This is great news!!!:yum:

I think I'll take some to the movies tonight and have instead of popcorn. Thanks sooooooo much for the information.

suzimsm Sat, Oct-26-02 08:23

Heres my new pork rind recipe ~
I choose a few pork rinds that are sort of flat. Put a little chunk/slice of havarti cheese on top then put in microwave on a low setting and watch till cheese just barly starts to melt. You can leave in for a little longer so cheese gets softer. Then when I take them out I put a little chunk/slice of avacado on top. It sounds like a lot of work but its not really. And its good!

real loser Sat, Oct-26-02 11:25

I admit, I've been resisting pork rinds...for several weeks...and actually it hasn't been to tough ---cuz they don't appeal to me...but I admit after reading your posts here...I am at least considering trying them again. Have I just gone NUTS! :daze:

phop Sat, Oct-26-02 12:02

You people are wonderful! At last, an idea for low-carb cheese nachos--I'll make them with pork rinds. :cool:

cre8tivgrl Sat, Oct-26-02 12:08

Yes, pork rinds are a staple of my snacking as well.

Porkrind nachos, porkrind taco salad, and dipped in everything from salsa to dip to dressing.

You might also try the cinnamon and sugar recipe for porkrinds. Its found in the sweets threads. Just be careful of the carbs in this one. ;)

PATTYT98 Sat, Oct-26-02 13:44

I take melted butter and hot sauce and pour it over the pork rinds, it's great!!!

BobHaymond Sat, Oct-26-02 15:46

I do lot's of pork rinds. I might metion as well that this is the first regimen that allows Pickled pig's feet!! Now, there's a snack! :wave: Try 'em , you might like it.

NoSpectato Sat, Oct-26-02 22:45

No offense

No offense to anyone here, we all have different taste buds, but the snack selection is turning my stomach. :Puke:

I like atkins advantage bars and you can have those on induction. Then there are macadamia nuts which are the best you can have which only have three carbs per quarter cup and 22 grams of fat. I also like beef jerky so I am getting a food dehydrator to make my own, low carb or zero carb, whichever I can do.

I am sure the snacks shared here taste better than they sound, but I am not really a pork rind person, never have been, maybe I should try them again. :yay:

Later