Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Alcohol in June Challenge! "just say no." (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=188759)

Vanity3 Wed, Jun-02-04 19:55

No Alcohol in June Challenge! "just say no."

My buddy GabrielleG and I wanna see if we can go the entire month of June without drinking. This challenge may be easier for some, harder for others, but lets support eachother as we try. I know it will be difficult hanging out in the bar with all your buddies watching them get trashed, but if it makes you feel better, you'll be doing your requirement of community service by being the DD (designated driver). Trust me, diet Coke does taste fine without Bacardi, so you won't totally suffer! I bet we can drop a few pounds faster in the process. So who's with us?

GabrielleG Wed, Jun-02-04 23:13

Heeey sorry I'm late but i'm here now. It's going to be tough on Saturday because I'm prolly going to go dancing. But I really think my losses stopped when I started drinking so I'm willing to give it a clean month. At the very least it asserts control over one more eliminate that threatens my weight loss
Gabrielle

CheesyPoof Thu, Jun-03-04 16:18

I'm with you ladies!

I've been avoiding booze like the plague -- not because of the calories/carbs but because my judgment about food just goes right into the pooper once I get a few tequila shots under my belt.

I've missed Friday and Saturday night drinks, but I think it is a good idea to keep avoiding temptation.

So no booze in June!

GabrielleG Fri, Jun-04-04 09:52

yay one more person joining us. I will be scarce until next week becaue I have visitors from out of state but I plan on keeping with this.

DeeDee33 Fri, Jun-04-04 10:00

I'm with ya! It's hard because I LOVE RED WINE :( Also my fiance and I love our Sangria! So far I have gone 3wks with no wine....

CheesyPoof Sat, Jun-05-04 06:38

Friday came and went and not a drop did I drink. Hubby had beer and tequila but not I. :)

Vanity3 Sat, Jun-05-04 22:29

No drink this weekend. But I'm on my way to a bar right now. I hope I can stay strong, I've had a rough week!

CheesyPoof Mon, Jun-07-04 07:30

I managed the whole weekend with no drinkies. Yay!

GabrielleG Mon, Jun-07-04 12:15

I didn't drink Saturday it was odd because people kept trying to buy me drinks now if i had been drinking no one would have botherd. Congrats cheesy on passing up the booze. How about you Vanity did you make it?

Gabrielle

Vanity3 Tue, Jun-08-04 07:46

I survived an alcohol free weekend and even an alcohol free monday. Yes, I went to a comedy club yesterday and had fun. NO drinking at all. I"m so proud. I must say, I don't feel bloated at all!

CheesyPoof Wed, Jun-09-04 06:36

Way to go Vanity!

I'm lucky that I don't go out alot -- I think it is harder to avoid booze in clubs etc. I just have to convince my hubby not to make me drink come the weekend.

toofattoo Wed, Jun-09-04 08:28

I Hear You Load And Clear On That Hubby Making You Drink Thing. I Know They Say No One Can Make You Drink, But Let Me Tell You, He Wouldn't Be A Happy Person If I Didn't Drink With Him. As It Is I Drink Vokda With Water And Lemon And I Use Very Little Vodka, But I Still Feel Bloated The Next Day. I'm Thinking Of Faking The Vodka, He Wouldn't Know. I'm Going To Try That The Next Time. Teehee. Have A Good Day, Peg

CheesyPoof Sat, Jun-12-04 06:46

Well I dodged major bullets last night. Hubby got Mexican take-out and made margaritas to boot. He was having a down day and traditional that is what we did when we were down -- EAT! I managed to workout instead and had NO BOOZE or mexican food. Yay!

GabrielleG Sat, Jun-12-04 18:58

Good for you cheesypoof. I went to a basketball game yesterday evening and i managed not to have a beer. it was kind of easy because they were 7 bucks but a hardship none the less.

Gabrielle

CheesyPoof Mon, Jun-21-04 08:53

A booze free weekend! Yee haw. SO far avoiding the booze is paying off -- I haven't cheated once since I started this program. :)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!