Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   CHICAGO LC GET TOGETHER ... single, married, EVERYONE welcome (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136283)

cori Wed, Sep-10-03 09:35

CHICAGO LC GET TOGETHER ... single, married, EVERYONE welcome

Ok you guys. I actually had to do research to see what we came up with in the way of get-together ideas. Some of the options tossed out were:
  • Tennessee (Graceland??)
  • Chicago
  • Washington D.C.

So I'm tossing it out there. Who's interested? When? Where? Why? Oh wait - I know why! This is our place to discuss and plan!

Iowagirl Wed, Sep-10-03 09:43

I'll go to Tennesse. You can't make me go to Graceland.

Paleoanth Wed, Sep-10-03 09:49

New York City! It really chaps my hide.

red1cutie Wed, Sep-10-03 10:02

Paleoanth, I agree. NYC sounds good.

Peace
red

rishamoon Wed, Sep-10-03 11:14

Well, honestly I doubt I can travel too far, so I am all for the neighboring states, or right here in Indiana. :)

cori Wed, Sep-10-03 12:12

Risha - If it's a weekend and you can get someone to watch your little one -- all you have to do is get to me! And then I'll drive us to TN!!!

CarbsBeGon Wed, Sep-10-03 13:42

NYC could be cool - as could Chicago. If we go to Chicago, I think we should all pitch in and rent a monster pontoon boat for a par-tay on Lake Michigan! Skinny dipping - woo hoo! :D

Iowagirl Wed, Sep-10-03 13:44

You first!

Scarlet Wed, Sep-10-03 15:51

chicago or NYC at christmas would be cool. Cheap off season flights for me.

CarbsBeGon Wed, Sep-10-03 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet
chicago or NYC at christmas would be cool. Cheap off season flights for me.

But that severly limits our skinny dipability. :(

Iowa - I'll go, but I'll have to be REALLY hammered first. Then somebody'd probably have to fish me out... lol

kc766 Wed, Sep-10-03 18:36

I'll go wherever... have luggage and credit card on standby. But, if I had to choose a place from the above list, I would definitely choose Chicago.

Azraelle Wed, Sep-10-03 23:36

We all know what opinions are like....
That said, Tennessee sucks, IMHO. If you're going that far south you might as well continue on to North Carolina--Great Smokey Mountains NP to be ezact. 'Course since I lack the funds, for me this is academic, as it were. NYC sounds great, too, having been there only once--I spent a night in my truck outside (one of the?) the Brooklyn Farmers' Market waiting to deliver a bulk load of potatos from Minnesota. 'Twas an interesting, paranoid experience--didn't get much sleep, especially after blowing $60 of my own money for the 5 axle toll across the Brooklyn Bridge, thanx to the chintzy trucking company I worked for.
You wouldn't care to do some 4-wheelin' in Southern Utah, I suppose??

cori Thu, Sep-11-03 06:33

Thoughts...

Things we want to look for (and yes, I'll do the research). Somewhere we can get a block of very inexpensive hotel rooms. Somewhere with lots of LC friendly restaurant options. Somewhere with at least one big "fun" thing we can all do together. Somewhere with a major airport for the flyers.

CarbsBeGon Thu, Sep-11-03 08:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraelle
You wouldn't care to do some 4-wheelin' in Southern Utah, I suppose??

Now that sounds like some fun! :) What about Moab? I'm guessing not too many other people would be into this though. Still, think of it - we could all have a big low-carb-camp-out and tell scary stories of breads and pastas! :D

cori Thu, Sep-11-03 08:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbsBeGon
Still, think of it - we could all have a big low-carb-camp-out and tell scary stories of breads and pastas! :D

And then this one time, this honey-buttered hot roll jumped up into my mouth and wouldn't leave me alone until I chewed it up and swallowed it...