Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Somebody NOTICED!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172789)

SuperSue04 Sun, Mar-14-04 22:09

Somebody NOTICED!!

Whoo hoo! :yay:

Somebody noticed yesterday that I'd lost weight! Finally!

I actually felt like I looked thinner in what I wore to a meeting yesterday morning--a new sweater with (get this!) horizontal stripes. And a person whom I'd not seen for 6 weeks. Said, "You look great! Have you been losing weight?" When I said yes, she said she had seen me on Friday across campus and thought I looked like I'd lost weight and she'd been dying to know how. Well, of course, I told her! :lol:

It was a good feeling, especially since I haven't lost in 3 days and am Re-Inducting after my long Service Trip and a few unavoidable carbs.

I know it is vain, but . . . . . I sure hope other folks start to notice, too! :lol:

Sue

maryannec Sun, Mar-14-04 22:13

That's great Sue!!!

I had that happen this weekend also - I had to pass my drivers license to purchase clothes at Lane Bryant (a size lower, thank you very much :) ) and the check out girl said "you are doing great at losing weight".

That picture was 2.5 years old!!!

Congrats to us!

SuperSue04 Sun, Mar-14-04 22:16

Whoo hoo! Congrats to you, too, Maryanne!

Maybe 32 is our lucky number! :yay: We've each lost that many pounds!

I just hope it doesn't take 32 more before somebody else notices! :lol:

Sue

maryannec Sun, Mar-14-04 22:19

Hopefully not - Start a journal soon and I'll come visit ok? :yay:

hummelda Sun, Mar-14-04 22:19

Hi Sue and maryanne,

Congrats! There is nothing wrong with enjoying having someone notice. It's another kind of encouragement and motivation! I think part of the key for people to notice is when you wear new clothes. That's when I have noticed the most positive feedback. With the same old clothes, it's not as easy to draw attention to the weight loss.

Rocky_Cdn Mon, Mar-15-04 23:19

Great news Sue and Maryanne!

Does that mean I have to lose 1 more pound to get someone to notice? :lol:

Keep up the great work!!

Rocky

tulips Tue, Mar-16-04 06:31

It isn't vain at all!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy each and every one you get!!!!!!! I'm sure you're in for so many more!!!

Paris Tue, Mar-16-04 07:28

Congratulations! I think it is excellent when someone notices our hard work be it weight loss or observing our new healthy habits. :D

teresamay Tue, Mar-16-04 08:37

Excellent work, and it feels sooo good when people start to notice! I can't wait until that happens for me...

Rocky_Cdn Tue, Mar-16-04 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresamay
Excellent work, and it feels sooo good when people start to notice! I can't wait until that happens for me...

Hey walking buddy! I guess I didn't have to wait for that pesky 1 pound after all! Teresamay just informed me someone in our office has noticed we have BOTH lost "lots" of weight.

HURRAY FOR US!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

pixy_nixy Tue, Mar-16-04 11:04

That's great Sue ... congratulations!
It's great when others notice.... its like "Its really happeneing!".

teresamay Tue, Mar-16-04 13:22

WOW!!!! I (and Rocky_Cdn :)) have gotten a couple compliments today and it feels wonderful, and is such a good incentive to stay on this way of life..I know it is a bit shallow, but I LOVE postive reinforcement!!!

Ellen-mom Tue, Mar-16-04 14:57

Woo Hoo Sue!! I love it when people ask me if I am losing weight. Shallowness, or a minor recovery of the self-esteem? Not sure, but it sure feels good.

LisaS Tue, Mar-16-04 16:37

anyone else here have mixed feelings when people notice - for me, 1/2 of me thinks "yea, its working" and the other half things "oh, that means they noticed how heavy i was before too--how depressing"

biol2000 Tue, Mar-16-04 17:12

That is terrific! It is always nice to have the weight loss noticed. Keep up the good work :)