Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   support buddy in Toronto? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=30452)

dissolved Wed, Jan-16-02 15:27

support buddy in Toronto?

:wave:

I wondered if there was a group get-together here in Toronto?

Or maybe someone who would be interested in having a support buddy, with the possibility of becoming a group of lowcarber buddies?

I think it would be great fun sharing over a cup of Decaf coffee.

Smile…..it’s contagious!!

:daizy:

airkarat Wed, Jan-23-02 20:05

Hi, I'm Lisa living between Newmarket and Barrie.

Have you found anyone for your group? A friend of mine in Toronto started the Protein Power plan last year and I recently spoke to him in depth about it.

Now it is day three and I'm ready to drive to Toronto and find him and wring his neck ;) Probably a better thing to do would be to actually get the book and figure out just how long this irritability will last AND if I'm doing anything wrong (or right)...

So yes if you want to meet in Toronto or somewhere else let me know...

tamarian Wed, Jan-23-02 20:16

Hi Dissolved,

We have WAY TOO MANY members from Toronto, but we'll keep them :)

Post in the Canada group and propose a time and a place for the get together, they've done it before. So far, the record holders are Vancouverites. We've held so many get togethers, it hard to count :)

Wa'il

hellraiser Tue, Aug-26-03 20:05

I'm in Toronto and would love a get together! :)
H.

red1cutie Wed, Aug-27-03 11:18

I'm in Toronto too. :D Let's get together!

Peace
red

hellraiser Wed, Aug-27-03 20:17

Red: lets book a date and place NOW!

Anybody would like to join us? :)

H.

glassgirl Wed, Aug-27-03 22:19

I'd like to hook up with a Toronto group, have a chat, see how it goes...

anyone have a time and place in mind?

hellraiser Thu, Aug-28-03 00:04

How about next week, downtown Toronto? If somebody is interested I have the perfect idea for a place and we can all have nice food like cesar salad (no crutons but lots of bacon bits) and undusted, undressed fried wings, for a moderate price all with a peaceful place to chat and a nice view.

What time and day guys?
H.

red1cutie Thu, Aug-28-03 10:59

Quote:
How about next week, downtown Toronto? If somebody is interested I have the perfect idea for a place and we can all have nice food like cesar salad (no crutons but lots of bacon bits) and undusted, undressed fried wings, for a moderate price all with a peaceful place to chat and a nice view.

What time and day guys?
H.
I'm in Hell! :yay: We get to chat about low carb and no one will roll their eyes. :lol: The place sounds great! Yummy! How about Thursday? Hmm..a time..I'm available from 4:30pm. Let's make this happen.

Peace
red

hellraiser Thu, Aug-28-03 11:08

Thursady after 4:30 is good for me. The place is downtown by the lake. I'll email the details to the ones interested.

Anybody else would like to join us?

H.

hellraiser Fri, Aug-29-03 12:16

Nobody else from Toronto?
:)

H.

glassgirl Fri, Aug-29-03 16:42

I'd love to come, but I'm working until 6:30 on Thurs. Will be back in Toronto at Union (Go Train) around 7:15.
After 4:30 is vague...
If not this time, then next time? I still want to hook up. My friends have been excited about my weight loss, and very supportive but the few that tried going LC gave up...

hellraiser Sun, Aug-31-03 14:56

I can make it later glassgirl, how about you Red?

H.

glassgirl Sun, Aug-31-03 20:58

I'm totally into it!
I'm trying to switch my shift with a co-worker to get off early. I'll post when I know if I can do that or not.
...and if later works for others, great!

glassgirl Sun, Aug-31-03 20:59

ummm,
I'm still pretty new to this forum. I don't think I can do private maessages yet (I think I need 25 posts?)...
in case you try to send me private message with time and place info.