Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   One Carb Ketchup (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174271)

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 14:53

One Carb Ketchup

I am a HUGE ketchup addict , everything from on my eggs to all my meat. I tried Hienz new one carb ketchup and LOVE it. Although I have almost cut it out completely, this is a great alternative when I just have to have it! So for all you ketchup addicts.........

Dewi Mon, Mar-22-04 14:57

Hey Arkie,

I havent seen that one yet at my grocer. By any chance is it better than the Atkins Ketchup?

Dewi

dalejr8fan Mon, Mar-22-04 14:58

We bought some of this too. I've not had any, but dh's had it and really likes it. He said he doesn't notice a difference in the taste between that and regular ketchup!

dalejr8fan ~

spydermary Mon, Mar-22-04 14:59

I want some! I miss ketchup so much and I believe I could use that to make cocktail sauce. Where did you find it?

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 15:01

Dewi,
Much much better than Atkins..........tastes just like regular. I tossed my other and the whole family eats it now!!

arkie Mon, Mar-22-04 15:02

Found it at Wal-Mart , right where all the other Ketchup is.

lynneuk Mon, Mar-22-04 15:03

Is it twice the price of the regular, as usual!?!

dalejr8fan Mon, Mar-22-04 15:13

I got ours at Meijer for $1.99/bottle.

dalejr8fan ~

eddiesgirl Mon, Mar-22-04 15:34

love it!! Tastes like regular. I was really missing ketchup when I make cheeseburgers, so thought I would try it...and it is great! I hated the Atkins brand...YUK :Puke: it was gross...always was a Heinz fan...and now I can have my cake and eat it too...hehehe

fern2340 Mon, Mar-22-04 15:36

Good to know! I saw it at my grocery store but wasn't sure how it would be.

Next time I go, I'll have to pick some up!

lovin'life Mon, Mar-22-04 16:48

I have it also and thougth it was good.

lclaura Mon, Mar-22-04 20:16

Thanks guys, ill pick some up.. i must admit i have been cheating putting a little ketchup on my burgers and stuff from time to time. I just hate eating them without it. So glad there is an alternative. The atkins stuff is icky.

cls923 Mon, Mar-22-04 21:51

Boy was this a God send reading this about ketchup! I have wanted some sooooooooo badly..I haven't tried the Atkins one because I didn't know how good it was, but now that I'm hearing about this, I'll be sure to try some of this!! Thank you

allibaba Mon, Mar-22-04 22:07

We still don't have Heinz in our area yet :( I did find some called Carb Fit and it's great, but I still can't wait to try the Heinz!!! I had the Walden Farms stuff and hated it, didn't even taste anywhere near ketchup.
Alli

Octobersan Tue, Mar-23-04 09:12

While I'm happy to have it, and use it....it is just a bit sweeter than regular ketchup....so I hope I get used to it!