Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Does anyone feel guilty? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=163839)

Sneaky2006 Sun, Feb-01-04 08:36

Does anyone feel guilty?

Does anyone feel guilty when they eat really yummy things that are legal?
We make hot wings pretty often, they are awesome and everytime I eat them I feel so guilty like I just ate cake or something.

diemde Sun, Feb-01-04 09:20

Not a bit! I felt guilty when I ate that bag of cookies in 2 days last year. Or when I ate the sugar laden candy before going to bed like I used to do. But definitely not with this way of eating.

I actually feel sad for all those folks who don't understand that this way of eating is actually healthier for them. I see folks when I go to the store or when I'm out and about and I just want to talk to them so bad. I know the word is getting out there, but it's not getting to everyone. <sigh>

orchidday Sun, Feb-01-04 09:34

I know what you mean! I have bacon cooking on the George Foreman grill right now. After years and years of low-fat, low-calorie eating, it seems so completely ingrained in me that fat is bad.

I ate light margarine, light mayo, and every reduced calorie item imagineable. Ha Ha they all taste like crap! But it is hard to change my mindset about what I should be eating. It is happening but very slowly.

Orchid

AZDean Sun, Feb-01-04 10:18

I've felt a bit guilty eating the low-carb ice cream. Especially when I eat it in front of my wife. I can just feel her thoughts saying, "you've blown it now!" But then I watch my weight closely, and it keeps going down, so this ice cream sure doesn't seem to hurt a bit. But I do need to keep telling myself that!!!

Charran Sun, Feb-01-04 10:41

I had a low carb chocolate bar last night and it was so good that it was sinful! I enjoyed it thourouglly, but felt like I was having something I shouldn't.

LCchickFL Sun, Feb-01-04 10:47

I don't feel guilty when I eat yummy 'real' foods but, there are times when I have some of the LC products (especially the candies, cookies, etc.) when I feel like I probably shouldn't. I think, in my case, I'm probably right about that at this point. My weight loss might have slowed down regardless since I've lost so much but eating the treats just gives me something to blame it on.

I've been trying to back off from them but, it's really hard once you've incorporated them into your daily life. Still working on it though. :)

hummelda Sun, Feb-01-04 12:40

Far from feeling guilty, I have a "high" that used to come only from eating sugar-laden things. Wings will sure do that as will whipped cream and Caesar Salad still does it even though I have eaten enough of it that I should invest in the Caesar Salad store. Puts me in a good mood, smile on my face, lilt in my voice, confidence in my step and less weight on the scale and definitely contributes to keeping me on this WOE!!!

Guilt is a thing of the past, I hope!

I don't eat any commercial LC stuff except Splenda so don't know what the impact of that might be!

ItsTheWooo Sun, Feb-01-04 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky2006
Does anyone feel guilty when they eat really yummy things that are legal?
We make hot wings pretty often, they are awesome and everytime I eat them I feel so guilty like I just ate cake or something.

I do too sometimes... I think the guilty feeling comes from eating just because something tastes good and not because you are hungry. Eating for non-hunger reasons is what got most of us fat in the first place, so it is only normal that eating food which tastes really good would make us feel bad. I only get that feeling when I know I am eating more than I need. It just so happens that when I am over eating it is probably because the food I am eating is really yummy :).