Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Pizza crust: almost no carbs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=264993)

zajack Sat, Sep-03-05 14:30

Pizza crust: almost no carbs

I didnt come up with this recipe and have no idea where I got it...but didnt see it in here so...

(kinda gotta wing the amounts...I go based on how it looks)

4 cooked chicken breasts (cut up for easier processing)
3 eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
garlic, basil, etc (italian seasonings) that appeal to you
(i use alot of garlic & basil) :D

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until you've got a fairly goopy thick liquid.
(I use the blender because I dont own a processer)

Rub a cookie sheet (stoneware is the best) with olive oil (or spray pam on it) and pour mixture into pan spreading so that it's an even thickness.

Bake until light brown & firm ~ 350

Now...two options:
1) add your toppings and bake until cheese looks done for a whole pizza
or
2) slice into squares and top as you need them ~ I usually do this because then you also have the option of using the squares as bread for sandwiches.

Wish I knew where I got this so I could give credit...suffice to say it's not mine but I use it all the time.

whyspers Sat, Sep-03-05 15:02

Wow...it sounds great! What kind of texture does it have? Do you taste much of the chicken?

L

zajack Sat, Sep-03-05 15:28

Texture is admittedly a bit dry but that doesnt matter if you're putting sauce, cheese and veggies on it. (or mayo & italian dressing in a sandwich) You can't taste the chicken as chicken, but the overall flavor is really good. Let me know what you think if you try it.

hartpark Tue, Sep-20-05 02:06

I made a pizza using this base last night. It looked surprisingly like a real pizza when it was finished. It tasted OK, although I couldn't get out of my mind the egg and chicken gloop that the base had started out as. But as a substitute for pizza base it's a very innovative idea, and I will probably do it again.

superaunt Tue, Sep-20-05 11:09

wow. this sounds kinda nasty, but I'm willing to try it! :) I LOVE the DDPQ, but would LOVE IT even more if it was a crispier crust... this sounds like it might be the answer!

Thanks for posting it!

finngal Tue, Sep-20-05 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaunt
wow. this sounds kinda nasty, but I'm willing to try it! :) I LOVE the DDPQ, but would LOVE IT even more if it was a crispier crust... this sounds like it might be the answer!

Thanks for posting it!

What's the DDPQ?
Thanks...

superaunt Tue, Sep-20-05 11:33

Deep Dish Pizza Quiche -- check under meals in this forum...

finngal Wed, Sep-21-05 06:08

Thanks superaunt ;)
Have a great low-carb day!

Aquamarina Mon, Sep-26-05 12:35

Now I know what to do with that chicken left in the fridge from yesterday! I usually don't like to eat second-day chicken. This is great!

ozzycrazy3 Mon, Sep-26-05 12:57

Here's an idea for second-day chicken, I add pieces to my salad for lunch...or make a chicken salad (celery & mayo)...yummy!!

JosiQuebec Mon, Sep-26-05 16:59

This pizza crust is on this week's menu! Thanks for sharing!!!

Gemmafafen Wed, Nov-02-05 17:29

I made the pizza base and topped it with pesto and sliced cherry tomatoes- fav things of that week.

I really liked it, i didn feel like I was on a diet at all. Yeah the base was a wee chewy but, u kno, it was good, and I elt fab after all that protein.

sanfar Wed, Nov-02-05 18:46

Going to give this a try - sounds yum - thanks for posting!

Vpeach Thu, Aug-03-06 02:04

I think I'm going to try this for dinner...
I've been craving pizza like mad!