Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Nutrition & Supplements (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   How do you take oil of oregano? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=174445)

elmuyloco5 Tue, Mar-23-04 12:41

How do you take oil of oregano?

How can you take this stuff????? OMG that is the worst tasting stuff ever!!!!!!My mouth is still burning!!!! OMG I can't express how bad this is!!!! You must have an iron stomach....or dead taste buds.....

Wow....I give you all credit just if you've tried this....much more if you do it again. I don't care what it does to you.....you must really want it to take that stuff. I for one....will just work harder....that's not worth it.

bekkers Tue, Mar-23-04 12:51

Did you use the gel caplets? I really don't think they have any tase at all...

LadyBelle Tue, Mar-23-04 13:02

I also use the nice small gel caps with no taste......

I learned after trying to tolerate high tonolin flax oil that somethings are just not worth swollowing strait. The cinnimon flax was really good, but gave me heartburn.

eddiesgirl Tue, Mar-23-04 13:05

you should really try the gelcaps...you can get them at most nutrional stores...like GNC. The capsules are real small and have no taste at all.

scorpio381 Tue, Mar-23-04 13:05

I also take the softgels. No bad taste at all.

Lindym Tue, Mar-23-04 13:07

I couldn't stand the taste either, so I bought small gel caps to put the drops into because the drops are more economical.

elmuyloco5 Tue, Mar-23-04 13:08

I'm definately doing that! I can't imagine 4 little drops of something could taste so vile!!! I'll have to save it for a torture device :lol: just kidding!!! That stuff really is awful. Thanks guys!!!

black57 Tue, Mar-23-04 13:11

I use the drops and I wash it down with tons of water and the awful taste is very brief. It seems to be a breath freshener.

bonesigh Tue, Mar-23-04 13:13

How does one take oil of oregano in liquid form? With great difficulty! LOL
I had some of the liquid OOO, and was determined to finish the little bottle. Well, I'm done! Now I'm taking the little gel caplets. Much better. :)

elmuyloco5 Tue, Mar-23-04 13:14

BLack57: you are quite a person to take that stuff. I tried it with water....my mouth kept burning....and I can't get the smell off my hands. It's like oregano times a million!!! It's just too much for me. It's one instance where a little is definately too much!!! Good for you though!!! You have something I definately don't!

black57 Tue, Mar-23-04 13:16

I put it under my tongue and I try really hard not to get it on my lips. The water is a big help though.

B57

miezimau Tue, Mar-23-04 15:19

Katrina,
Please let me know if you find the OOO in Gel caps here on Oahu. The only place I found it in caps is at the Down to Earth by the Anne Millers and they wanted 23 dollars for it. I checked the GNC at Pearl Harbor and they don't carry it neither does the Hickam GNC. Thanks

elmuyloco5 Tue, Mar-23-04 15:27

I think I saw them at Vitamin World in Weikele. You can go on their website at vitaminworld.com and check. They're over in that outlet store area across from Lowes. I got the oil because flaxseed oil is much more potent in liquid than the gel caps....I got the gel caps ooops. So I figured these would be too.

I think I'm allergic to it or something. I'm getting super dizzy and my face is beat red. I just feel crummy. Won't be using them at all!!!

teresamay Tue, Mar-23-04 15:30

I also take the softgels, and there is no taste at all - a bit of burping, but that is it.

AFwife Tue, Mar-23-04 15:31

I take 2 drops in water twice a day.

Don't even notice the flavor anymore. I'm doing 2 wks on 2 wks off. Tomorrow is end of my first 2 wks on.

I lost 10 pounds in the first 3 days of taking this.

Then 2 more pounds last week.