Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Successful Re-Start! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=78813)

cori Tue, Jan-07-03 10:11

Successful Re-Start!

One entire week on low-carb (no cheats). Working on getting back in the exercise groove. Energy is up :thup: and weight is down! I lost eight pounds this week getting back on track. I'm really feeling good and working on making this a true WOL.

The greatest thing is the lack of cravings. The muffins at church on Sunday morning didn't even whisper my name! :D

kimberlina Tue, Jan-07-03 13:33

hurrah!

way to go Cori!
muffins not "whispering" your name is a great feeling. although i never have heard a whisper! :)

keep on keeping on!
kimberly

p.s. what part of ohio are you in??????

cori Tue, Jan-07-03 18:29

I'm in Dayton. Born & bred in the Cincy area though.

Muffins have actually always screamed at me! They have huge muffins at church, apple cinnamon were always my fave, but this Sunday (the first Sunday back on plan) I went to the cart and bought a Diet Pepsi and didn't really give them a second look. That was exciting!

I just ate some very inferior turkey for dinner. Ewww. It was frozen and it seemed easy, but I didn't really taste very good. Oh well, I'll have a mock danish and a big mug of water before I hit the hay!

jlholmes Wed, Jan-08-03 10:21

Good Job Cori! I am in the midst of my start week, or restart week, whatever you call it I am at it again! I had a slip with my mother in laws homemade iced brownies which started a downward spiral for a day, but am back again, and hopefully learned my lesson on how out of control just one sweet can send me. Keep resisting those muffins! And I will try to resist those brownies, or else ban my mother in law from our presence for a few months! :)
Jessica

cori Wed, Jan-08-03 14:57

???

Does your MIL know you are low-carbing? If she does and she is deliberately sabotaging you -- ban her! But if she doesn't -- tell her! My mom cooks special for me, and my MIL gave me a bag of frozen meat for Christmas. Some people will sabotage you - some people will help you! But you'll never know unless they know what you are trying to do :wave:

jlholmes Wed, Jan-08-03 20:14

My mother in law is low carbing too....at least that is her choice for now, she is a professional dieter....and quite thin. I think she forgets what it is like to struggle like I do right now. She thinks it is awful when she has to break out the size 12 jeans. She said if she hits size 16 ever she would take the bridge! For the sake of my baby boys, good thing I don't feel that way since I am basically in a 18! :o
Good luck to you!
Jessica

Natrushka Wed, Jan-08-03 21:17

Hi there Cori and welcome back! Good to hear that you're in that groove again and making it happen. I think the key for many of us is the connection we make in places like this one. Keep posting and keep reading - positive reinforcement can't but help.

Nat