Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Need More Proof On Atkins? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=51139)

gc1 Wed, Jul-17-02 18:23

Need More Proof On Atkins?

Need more proof???
This was on Dateline NBC last night , I recorded it and made it so all can see it.

Enjoy
Jeff

http://home.triad.rr.com/opera/index.htm

gc1 Wed, Jul-17-02 18:28

oops ill fix it gimme a few mins

gc1 Wed, Jul-17-02 18:37

It's fixed go check the link

Jeff

In_Control Wed, Jul-17-02 21:09

THanks Jeff!

I only saw the last few minutes and wished I'd seen it all. Thanks. Interesting too.

agonycat Thu, Jul-18-02 06:19

Amen.

After 16 months and 50 pounds off, all I can say is those bean burgers, and tofu can stay at the grocery store, hand me a steak and lobster!

I have to wonder how many people caught the reporters comment about the food pyramid recommending 100 grams of carbs a day. Did you know a McDonald's supersized Big Mac, with fries and a regular coke is 266 grams of carbs?

DDMariana Thu, Jul-18-02 08:06

Jeff, you made my day! I was so mad at myself for missing Dateline last night.. ugh!!! I'm trying to watch your taped version but I get no sound. Am I doing something wrong? I just loaded the MS player program to run it, but no volume. All other volume things on my computer work. Anyone else getting no sound? :(

Donna

morningsky Thu, Jul-18-02 08:26

Jeff, it was so nice of you to do this. I watched the program but as any mother can attest to you never get to see the whole thing. I really enjoyed seeing it here and it was a great shot in the arm for atkins. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness.

gc1 Thu, Jul-18-02 08:30

Quote:
Originally posted by DDMariana
Jeff, you made my day! I was so mad at myself for missing Dateline last night.. ugh!!! I'm trying to watch your taped version but I get no sound. Am I doing something wrong? I just loaded the MS player program to run it, but no volume. All other volume things on my computer work. Anyone else getting no sound? :(

Donna

The main reason I posted it was because I want the Newbies to look at it and help them understand more, especially those who haven't read the book.

Glad you people enjoyed it

On the previous post about the sound.... it is working fine here I don't know why you cant hear it .

Jeff

Kristine Thu, Jul-18-02 11:16

Jeff, thanks for posting that. :) I had read the transcript, but it was far more amusing to watch.

Donna: if you have an older computer, Windows Media Player sucks. :thdown: You need pretty zippy ram.

sarah35 Fri, Jul-19-02 03:50

thankyou

ive been going to follow a low carb diet for over four months and have been put off by all the write ups saying they were unhealthy... how refreshing to watch somebody telling me it works and ive finally made my mind up to start tomorrow!!!! to late today hade toast n jam!!!!!!!!!!! i go on holiday next friday and i will follow it whilst away, i do like my drink though and would find it impossible to give up!!! what would be better spirit n diet coke or dry wine???? if i gave up suger, bread, potatoes, pasta, cakes.etc n still had milk in my tea n coffee, would i still lose weight??? i only have 14lbs to lose and i want to do it slowly, could i eat low carb fruit n veg n salad as much as satisifies??? would love some guidlines!!!! many thanx good luck to all sarah England :D :D

TeriDoodle Fri, Jul-19-02 08:10

Sarah,

If you really want to read a good article read this (click on this link ) It was published in the Sunday New York Times on 7/7 and seems to have spurred a whirlwind of media coverage this week here in the US..... all of a sudden the pyramid myth is being exposed!! It's so great!!

sarah35 Fri, Jul-19-02 10:23

thanx

i must admit i wizzed through some of the article bit long!!!! but i get the point!!! i really will lose weight even cuttin down on carbs!!! i will def start tomorrow and i guess my bacardi n diet coke best to have for my tipple!!! i see milk is very high can i still have it as i worry about calcium, and i really cant afford supplements.I take one multi vit n mineral ,i suffer leg cramp any way occasionally, can u tell me what vits r essential... soo if i dont follow the diet VERY STRICTLY i will still lose weight??? any help very welcome lol sarah iwill cut out all carbs but i LURVE veggies.... :daze: :daze:

Brave Sat, Jul-20-02 15:36

Jeff,
You're awesome :cheer: I didn't get a chance to watch it. Josh did an excellent job. Especially with that Ornish guy.....Sheeeesh! :p

sasquatch Sat, Jul-20-02 16:45

The recent GOOD PRESS! give to the low carb WOL leaves an important question, for the followers of the LC lifestyle, to consider: After all this time of being the "lone voice(s) calling out in the wilderness" Are we ready to become mainstream?, and dare I say it--TRENDY?!? :roll:
LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

Dibble Tue, Jul-23-02 14:16

;) Thanks Jeff!

I live in England and would never have got to see that if you hadn't of posted that here.

I am only 2 weeks in and have been struggling to get my balance right but watching that has reassured me yet again that this is worth persevering with.

I feel wonderful and some day soon I will look wonderful!