Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   chili's low carb menu (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161755)

2brickie Fri, Jan-23-04 09:36

chili's low carb menu

wow was i shocked to see chili's has a low carb menu. i went there with my family expecting to order my usual special order and low and behold they have a seperate menu now. it was nice to be able to say low carb. they have always treated me super, when ordering they always just say atkins or southbeach. really nice. i also noticed 7-11 is on the band wagon they had alot of stuff at ours. wohooooooooooooo

BlitzedAng Fri, Jan-23-04 09:41

Chilis? Oh man.....(drool) that was my fav resteraunt before LCing.. I gotta check this out.. Thanks a biunch for posting this :)

scorpio381 Fri, Jan-23-04 09:42

Yippee! Can you tell us what's on the menu? Thanks!

gr8smile Fri, Jan-23-04 10:15

Yippee! Yay!

Chili's for lunch today!

gr8smile

BlitzedAng Fri, Jan-23-04 10:16

I went to the chilis website but saw nothing on low carb, hmmm..They may need to update their site.

Volgal Fri, Jan-23-04 10:26

I fuond the website ~ chilis.com ~ ~ and then click the "Make It Mine" logo on the right side of the coversheet. It opens to another menu ~ ~ Good stuff listed here!

Issabme Fri, Jan-23-04 12:08

The Menu

That is great to know....what was on this menu? And do you have to ask for the menu? Or did they just add the dishes into the old one? Thanks a bunch :Party:

2brickie Fri, Jan-23-04 12:26

they had the menu inside of the regular one, and it had steaks, salads, burgers with no buns regular chilis food just with veggies and stuff to make it low carb. i had the mushroom swiss burger and boy was it gooooooooooooood. i just think it is so funny that everyone is putting this wol down but all these people in the food business are jumping on the band wagon. the hostess told me that they have served more low carb than anything lately.

CWC Fri, Jan-23-04 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brickie
they had the menu inside of the regular one, and it had steaks, salads, burgers with no buns regular chilis food just with veggies and stuff to make it low carb. i had the mushroom swiss burger and boy was it gooooooooooooood. i just think it is so funny that everyone is putting this wol down but all these people in the food business are jumping on the band wagon. the hostess told me that they have served more low carb than anything lately.

The people in the food business are looking to make a buck.

Notice, however, the other people who are losing in the food business are screaming....orange producers, potato producers, bakers, etc.

hcomeau Fri, Jan-23-04 12:39

I tried the burger on the low carb menu at Chili's and I wasn't impressed. They obviously haven't done there research! The burger was so salty I couldn't eat it and the steamed veggies were served covered in shredded carrots! I think it's great that restaurants are finally catering to lo carbers but I wish they would look into the ingredients that they choose!!!!!!

2brickie Fri, Jan-23-04 15:58

the one i had was great, and i didnt get carrots i guess each one is different. maybe they will figure it out sooner or later