Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Nuts And No Loss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111376)

alimark Thu, Jun-05-03 09:20

Nuts And No Loss

Hi! I am going to start today- no more nuts!!! I am on day 23 and still only down the original pounds I lost in the first 10 or 11 days. After 2 weeks I added nuts and I have not lost an ounce. According to the ketosis sticks I have been in Ketosis the enitre 23 days- I have never gone over 25 grams of carbs including the nuts. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else eating nuts??? What is weird is during the first 10 days I ate a small bag of Prok rinds a day-arent they full of sodium too??? Thanks for listening and for any advice or inspirational stories. Thanks Alicia

MaryToU Thu, Jun-05-03 15:10

Alicia, a lot of people go thougth a post induction stall on the scale. I would like to suggest that you measure yourself. I did this finally, and was very happy to see that while the scale was not moving, I was losing inches! Also your body could be just taking the time to readjust to your new eating style. This said, almonds seem to slow me a bit to I think. You could try macadamia nuts instead. They have a good amount of fat in them.

And on the fat line, if you are using Fitday.com try to make sure you get your fats into the 65 to 70% range. This will help the scale move also. :wave:

aeon077 Thu, Jun-05-03 20:45

Hi MaryTou,
That is very interesting that you say that. I have had a very hard time shedding the weight. I started on 5/5/03, and I've only lost about 5 pounds total. The past 2 weeks, its been about a pound a week.
My problem: I cant stay away from nuts! I have just a little bit of peanuts each night. So maybe thats adding to the problems! I'm already at a loss because of the medication I am taking, but I dont need to add anything else to slow me down.
Thanks for the comments!
:)

alimark Thu, Jun-05-03 21:56

Thanks for the Posts! AEON077 i was wondering what kind of meds you take. I take ZOLOFT- and I am beginning to believe you can not lose on this medicine. or it is just real slow. Anyway I will let you know how I fared on the scale after a couple of days with no nuts. Thanks

loopygem Fri, Jun-06-03 09:07

peanuts are a no no anyway in my opinion as they are a legume, as Mary Tou says macademias are gd. i personally eat alot of walnuts and brazils but i stay within my calorie limits.

alimark Fri, Jun-06-03 10:03

Hi- I did not know that Peanuts are a legume. Dr Atkins book as them listed under nuts. Anyway I did not eat any yesterday and I am still stuck. But after 24 days of no COKE I am not quiting. But I am getting very frustrated by no weight loss.

MaryToU Fri, Jun-06-03 10:16

Do you track yourself on Fitday.com? Also have you measured yourself? Actually I am more interested in the first question.