Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Cream Cheese Fluff (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=105857)

kiwi007 Fri, May-16-03 15:42

Omigosh I Just Have To Share This Recipe!!!

OMIGOODNESS!!! THIS IS JUST SOOOO GOOD!!!
sorry i just couldnt wait to share it!!! i want ALL low carbers to be able to use it!!!!!! :daze:

~*~Kiwi's Heavenly Fluff~*~
OnLy 4.5 CaRbS EaCh!!!!
Put these in a large bowl:
1 8oz Block Cream Cheese (i used philadelphia)
4 tbsp heavy cream (i used harris teeter brand)
2 tsp vanilla
8 packets splenda

Break the cream cheese block into a few smaller pieces. Blend together at a low speed (it splatters a little bit at first). After it form more of a solid fluff blend it for 2-3 min on high speed. Separate it onto four small plates, don't squish it down let it stay in a pretty sort of "fluff-dome." Garnish it with a little bit of cinamon, lightly cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.
THESE ARE SO GOOD!!!!!
tell me if yall like them!
-Kiwi

atlee Fri, May-16-03 16:05

That actually sounds a lot like Coeur a la Creme, which is a classic French dessert. The recipe I use is very similar, except instead of 8 oz cream cheese, you use 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 c cottage cheese, and 1/4 c sour cream. Here is a recipe from atkinscenter.com: Coeur a la Creme

I bet yours would taste just as good, though. I love these with a little home-made strawberry or chocolate sauce!

cre8tivgrl Fri, May-16-03 17:39

These sound great! I'll have to try them tonight. I'll let you know.

justcindy Fri, May-16-03 19:26

Ohhhh that sounds sooo good, think I will try it tomorrow! Thank you!! :)

Sydney1030 Sat, May-17-03 08:07

There's also a recipe in the recipe section here (desserts) for chocolate p-nut butter creams that has the cream cheese/cream as a base but you also add natural pnut butter and cocoa, then freeze, they are awesome and great for a sweet tooth (I actually have a pnut butter tooth). Thanks for sharing! :thup:

GailT Sat, May-17-03 16:41

This sounds soooo good. I'm going to give it a try right now.
Thank you for sharing.
;) Gail
New member as of April 9th but have been so busy that I haven't been on.
I had to edit my profile and drop it DOWN ** 10 ** POUNDS from when I joined!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEE

kiwi007 Sun, May-18-03 08:30

Hey again yall

Wow Gail that's really great! Good luck on your weight loss, with the support on this website I know that you can do it! Thanx yall for all your good suggestions, I have one thing I want to edit on the recipe tho, it's actually better if you put it in the freezer 1 hour before you want to eat it and then just eat it right then. Otherwise it's sort of like an italian ice. If you just treat it like ice cream ( you know leave it out to thaw, microwave it, whatever you do) then its really good. I like it both ways :yum:
~~Kiwi :wiggle:

GailT Sun, May-18-03 14:20

Yummy!

Ok I did the recipe. They didn't get a chance to go into the freezer at all. The whole family pigged out on a double recipe.
I'm the one who needs the recipe and it was loved by all.

Again, thank you!
:) Gail