Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   sausage on Induction? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=216379)

patience11 Mon, Oct-25-04 18:59

sausage on Induction?

what about sausage or pepperoni? Some of those meats do have one carb per serving so I am wondering about it. I love sausage from BBQ places, no sauce of course, but I want to MAKE sure not to eat any unauthorized foods. Any thoughts?

Dewi Mon, Oct-25-04 19:10

You can eat sausage, just dont go overboard. There's a lot of salt in sausage and perpperoni and we all know too much salt retain water. Also you need to be careful with all the nitrates.

dwilson9 Mon, Oct-25-04 19:19

Try microwaving the pepperoni. Line a plate with paper towels, put on a layer of pepperoni and microwave it for about 2 min.
(maybe a little less depending on your microwave) it is a great crunchy snack!

dancwitme Mon, Oct-25-04 20:18

i ate pepperoni slices with 0 carbs in it and sausage that was 1 carb per mini patty....i had no trouble with it.

rosencooki Mon, Oct-25-04 20:31

I ate sausage, bacon and pepperoni, no probs at all, just drink extra to deal with the added salt

nikkil Tue, Oct-26-04 02:28

The salt is something to watch out for but you also have to worry about FILLERS! A lot of the sausages use bread crumbs and corn syrup solids, all kinds of things....

hth,

dancwitme Tue, Oct-26-04 05:05

like i said, i ate them with no problems .....and still eatthem with no problems. try it, if it stalls or gains, then stop.

niudog Tue, Oct-26-04 05:31

I ate sausage regularly during induction and OWL.
You'll have to see if it works ok for you.
Good luck!!!

jadefox26 Tue, Oct-26-04 05:39

You have to be awair of fillers - there are some brands (Walls being one) where each sausage has 16 carbs or something silly. Just check the back of the pack - you'll see what the carbs are like. I eat them, a bit too much probably as I seem to be stalling out a little - but I do eat them nearly every other day!
Just be careful like everyone else has said.

ellenhieta Tue, Oct-26-04 11:27

I eat sausage with no problems on induction

I eat eggs microwaved and sausage microwaved at work.

I make sure the sausage is low carb before I buy it by reading the labels. I haven't had any problems yet.

I am back on induction this week after a several month lapse. Went on vacation in July and had a hard time getting back. But I only gained 2 pounds so I must have been doing something right!

The best part was bagels and cream cheese. Boy, I miss those.

But induction for me is a good thing as I want to drop more weight and I'm excited about it! I also use fitday.com to track what goes into my mouth.

Welcome back ME!

Blank III Tue, Oct-26-04 12:46

The most important thing when buying breakfast meat is read the labels. 90% of the bacon and sausage out there has sugar, so be serious about the label reading. If you order bacon or sausage in a restuarant, forget about it, it's got sugar. Some may not contain sugar, but have corn syrup. You can find sugar free bacon and sausage at the grocerey store, but you just have to take the time to read eveything.

On a side note, regarding pepperoni - I line a plate with mozzerella, then place pepperoni on top, microwave for 1 minute 40 seconds, and I have pizza. Great snack.