Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Goodbye Cheese....Hello Whoosh Fairy!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165626)

Maamel Mon, Feb-09-04 09:51

Goodbye Cheese....Hello Whoosh Fairy!!!

After almost eight weeks of complete standstill, I've finally cracked it!!! I must say I did fall off the wagon for a couple of days over Christmas and didn't go back to "stict" induction so I suppose only have myself to blame!

Well I decided about a month and a half after my stall to give up cheese :cry: but I only gave up for a few days and started again and didn't break the stall even though I was drinking buckets and exercising loads every other day! I finally got rid of all my yummy cheddar :cry: (surprisingly I'm ok with any sort of cream) and immediately noticed a small changed. Now almost two weeks on I've lost almost 6lbs and needed to go shopping yesterday for some new clothes!!! :wiggle: :yay: :yay:

Anyway just thought I'd share my good news with any stallers out there who might want to think about giving up cheese for sometime just to see if this might help. I know there are loads of posts in here that advises giving up cheese and dairy to break a stall and as this helped me I thought I'd help spread the good advice! I know how depressing stalling can be especially when you're working hard to maintain this WOE!

leslew5 Mon, Feb-09-04 11:47

That is a thought! Cograts on those 6 pounds LOST!!!

Birddog Mon, Feb-09-04 11:51

:yay: Kudos to you for breaking your stall and for your lose :yay:

MaggieP Mon, Feb-09-04 12:31

But boy, ya hate cutting out the cheese! Hopefully you can add it back in now that things are moving again! :rolleyes:

But YAY on the loss!

newgirlPEI Mon, Feb-09-04 12:51

I agree !!! I made Donald's Deep Dish Quiche last week and it was GREAT ... but ... it stalled me for about 5 days.....no cheese all weekend and I'm down two pounds......

Lindym Mon, Feb-09-04 12:51

Dang, I just ADDED cheese to get my fat & calories up because I was afraid 1300 cals were to low and most meat just adds protein, not fat! Woe is me!!

csj Mon, Feb-09-04 13:10

I'll be you did need new clothes! You are a real loser! I have to really watch the cheese consumption but so far haven't given it up completely. Keep up the good work!

Dawna Sat, Feb-14-04 23:58

Oh :doah: ! I knew that dairy fat gets burned first. Yet, I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Thanks for the primer. I needed that. Did you also give up heavy cream as well?

freckles Sun, Feb-15-04 01:54

Darn! I hope and pray this is NOT my problem! I love cheese and eat it every day. Usually not more than 4 oz.

Congrats on breaking the stall and the whoosh!!!

RCFletcher Sun, Feb-15-04 02:28

Dear Lindym,

Everyone is different. Maybe you can eat cheese and continue to lose weight. Because giving up cheese knocked Maamel out of a stall that doesn't mean that you and other people shouldn't eat it. If no one should eat cheese it wouldn't say 4oz is allowed in induction in the book! Also Lindym - yes, you need the cheese!

Congatulations on your personal discovery Maamel. I'll bet you feel great in your new clothes!

NOGAINHERE Sun, Feb-15-04 09:08

I think it need to cut down. I eat easlily 6 or more oz a day!

bfritz_pa Sun, Feb-15-04 09:20

How do you get calcium?

I have cheese every meal..Usually 2 slices on eggs...Sprinkled shredded on Salads..And Melted on MEATs..(CheeseBurgers)...

If I cut out cheese how do I get calcium???

RCFletcher Sun, Feb-15-04 10:21

This is just the point I was trying to make. Just because Maamel discovered that cheese was making her stall doesn't mean that everyone should instantly give up cheese. We are all different. I can lose and eat cheese. If you can too no need to give it up!

bearlover Sun, Feb-15-04 10:48

I just left the "slow as a turtle" thread, and found you ...wow my luck.....I will cutting the cheese back as a treat...but just like RCFletcher, I could not imagine giving up Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese, congrats on the loss.

red1cutie Sun, Feb-15-04 10:55

Wow..Congrats Maamel! I think losing is better than cheese.
Quote:
I knew that dairy fat gets burned first.
Is that really true?

Bob, if you aren't having problems losing don't worry. 3-4 ozs a day is okay. But if you want to cut down and are worried about your calcium requirements take a calcium supplement. Most people around here do.

Maaamel, cheese and nuts are my weakness! Sometimes I stay away but since January I have eaten cheddar almost everyday. Maybe eventually you can add it back in.

red