Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   subway atkins wraps (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160043)

petcrazed Fri, Jan-16-04 15:34

subway atkins wraps-- any sub can be a wrap!!!

Hi all i just went to subway and got lunch my DH got the atkins turkey and bacon wrap, but i HATE melted cheese so niether wrap looked good to me, they i read a sign you can have any sub mad into a wrap! i know for some subs this will be to high in crarbs but for me i just got thier veggie sub ( all veggies no meat or cheese) and it was fine and you can choose your sause to put on it. and at our subway they did not charge any more to make a sub into a wrap.

Just some info....

danakins Fri, Jan-16-04 18:02

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Danakins

cc48510 Fri, Jan-16-04 21:16

I get the Club on a Wrap, it works out to 9g of Net Carbs with Cheese, Lettuce, Pickles, Cucumbers, and Oil. The first 3 times, the person behind the counter put the Monterrey Cheddar (Shredded) Cheese on it. But, as of last Wednsday...some new person is working there and she steadfastly refuses to put Shredded Cheese on anything other than the two Bacon wraps [the ones they advertise so heavily.] She says you can only get the sliced, processed cheeses on any other wrap. Personally, that's Bullshit...They use so little of the Shredded stuff [1-2 Tbsp AT MOST] that it can't possibly cost more than a slice of that processed, sliced crap...So, I'm now gonna be looking for another Subway that isn't so ridiculous.

Saweetie Thu, Jan-22-04 16:57

I think the wraps are really quite good... its nice to see society accomodating more!

melissasvh Thu, Jan-22-04 17:01

I think I may be addicted to the wraps. I don't like the Turkey Ranch & Bacon too much, but the Chicken Bacon wrap is good. However, I made the Roasted Chicken Breast into a wrap last night and it was amazing!!!!

suntanlove Thu, Jan-22-04 17:03

I just came back from the Subway.I had the chicken bacon and I loved it.Nice to hear that we can have anyone of them made into a wrap.Definitely a place where I will go for convenience.

determine3 Thu, Jan-22-04 17:46

can you say fabulous??

I also had the chicken and bacon wrap today and it was absolutely fabulous. I didn't even feel like i was eating anything Low Carb. I think the size is perfect as well because I have the tendancy to overeat and it's not too big or small.

Thumbs up for this one.

picaboo Thu, Jan-22-04 17:50

I think....... the wraps - are ....so small - for this amount of money........?.........

Kaboom352 Thu, Jan-22-04 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by picaboo
I think....... the wraps - are ....so small - for this amount of money........?.........
I agree... but they are good...

Cindy007 Thu, Jan-22-04 19:48

I'm utterly addicted to the turkey bacon melt. I get it w/provolone and no sauce except oil & vinegar. I hadn't been to Subway in years, now I've had it 5 times in 2 weeks...and every time I go in other people are getting wraps too!

--Cindy

llabonte Thu, Jan-22-04 21:01

How do you figure the carbs for the different wraps. I think I saw it advertised that the two they specialize in are 5 carbs, is that correct?

adkpam Thu, Jan-22-04 21:15

I've been eating the BMT! With pepperoni, provolone, and jalepeno!
All I can say is:
YUUUUUM!

cc48510 Fri, Jan-23-04 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by llabonte
How do you figure the carbs for the different wraps. I think I saw it advertised that the two they specialize in are 5 carbs, is that correct?

8g and 10g Net [for the ones they advertise.] My Club wrap is 9g Net Carbs based on the toppings I normally go with: Lettuce, Pickles, Cucumbers, and Oil.

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNu...itionValues.pdf

Wrap: 5g Net
Meatball & Seafood/Crab: 8g Net
Club & Roasted Chicken: 3g Net
Turkey Breast, Ham, Steak, Tuna, Cold Cut, & Italian BMT: 2g Net
Roast Beef: 1g Net
Chicken Strips: <1g Net

Fat-Free French: 17g Net (2 oz.)
Fat-Free Ranch: 14g Net (2 oz.)
Fat-Free Sweet Onion -- 9g Net (1.5 Tbsp)
Fat-Free Honey Mustard: 7g Net (1.5 Tbsp)
Fat-Free Wine Vinagrette -- 6g Net (1.5 Tbsp)
Fat-Free Italian: 4g Net (2 oz.)
Southwest Chipoltle -- 2g Net (1.5 Tbsp)
Dijon Horseradish -- 1g Net (1.5 Tbsp)

I'm assuming they don't use that Fat-Free Ranch on the Chicken Bacon Ranch, or it would have alot more than 8g of Net Carbs....That is of course unless they use only a very small amount of it.

American Cheese: 1g Net
All Other Cheeses: <1g Net

Vinegar, Mayonnaise, Bacon, Oil, Lettuce, Green Peppers, Pickles, Olives, Cucumbers, Jalapeņos, & Banana Peppers: <1g Net
Mustard, Light Mayonnaise, & Onions: 1g Net
Tomatoes: 2g Net

icklemiss Fri, Jan-23-04 09:14

steak & cheese?

Looking on the nutritional info (for Canada), i see that a steak & cheese sub is 48 carbs, 5 dietary fiber including a normal italian sub roll, which is 38 carbs - 3 for fiber, so does that mean that the steak & cheese in an atkins wrap would be 10g - 2g + 5g (for wrap) = 13g net?????

The same for the subway melt (46 - 4 with bread), do 8 - 1 + 5 = 12g

if so - i'm going to subway for lunch at least once a week once induction is over!

cc48510 Fri, Jan-23-04 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss
Looking on the nutritional info (for Canada), i see that a steak & cheese sub is 48 carbs, 5 dietary fiber including a normal italian sub roll, which is 38 carbs - 3 for fiber, so does that mean that the steak & cheese in an atkins wrap would be 10g - 2g + 5g (for wrap) = 13g net?????

48g - 5g = 43g Net [for the Sub]
38g - 3g = 35g Net [for the Bread]
43g - 35g = 8g Net [for Everything Else]
8g + 5g = 13g Net [for a Wrap]

Quote:
The same for the subway melt (46 - 4 with bread), do 8 - 1 + 5 = 12g

46g - 4g = 42g Net [for the Sub]
38g - 3g = 35g Net [for the Bread]
42g - 35g = 7g Net [for Everything Else]
7g + 5g = 12g Net [for a Wrap]

Keep in mind that those figures are based on the standard toppings. If you deviate from those, the Carb count will change. For example, if you omit a couple toppings, the carbs might decrease. And, if you change the sauce/dressing, they may either increase or decrease.