Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157104)

KTiki Mon, Jan-05-04 10:48

Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream

I tried the chocolate Carb Smart ice cream from Breyers a few days ago. It is very good and rich..... I was worried that I wouldn't be satisfied with a half cup serving, but I was. 4oz nets 4 carbs. Also, their Klondyke brand also has a low carb chocolate covered ice cream bar for a net carb of 5.
A few months ago, I participated in a survey frrom Blue Bunny Ice Cream about a new low carb ice cream, they will have their own low carb icecream come out the first quarter of this year. Looks like we will have some choices out there.

Sharonp Wed, Jan-07-04 11:30

I recieved an icream maker for my birthday in august , and i just used it.1 pint of heavy cream, 1 egg, splenda, a pinch of salt and a 1/4 tsp of vanilla. it was done in 10 minutes and it was great.

theresa113 Wed, Jan-07-04 19:44

I bought the vanilla, it is really good. It even has the brown little flecks in it! :)

FrecklFluf Wed, Jan-07-04 20:27

I've tried the vanilla and the chocolate, and both are yummy. Of course, I prefer the chocolate. :)

acwakip Wed, Jan-07-04 22:05

I tried the strawberry awhile back and it was good. Has a different texture than regular ice cream, but still very yummy.

I am glad more products are being introduced, it will create more competition and prices will go down. I am already seeing it.

sandylevit Fri, Jan-09-04 15:33

I had to stop buying this.I could not stop at 1 serving
(was having more like 3!). this is so good.

sandy

Nancy LC Tue, Jan-13-04 12:39

I have the strawberry at home now. Pretty good! I put some unsweetened frozen raspberries in a bowl, nuked 'em for a minute, tossed some splenda on top of the berries, then put a serving of strawberry ice cream on top of the berries.

Wow.. :p

DWRolfe Tue, Jan-13-04 12:43

I just ordered some with my weekley grocery order...

...I hope it's better than the Atkins stuff I tried.

Donald

lilian Tue, Jan-13-04 13:52

Hi their,
I bought the Breyers lc Ice cream in the vanilla flavor and let me just say it tasted just like frozen whip cream. :cry:

I guess I should have just gotten the strawberry bc their where out of chocolate. :cry:

Ohhh well better luck next time.

Nancy LC Tue, Jan-13-04 13:58

Eating this ice cream made me think that when my nectarine tree produces this year imma gonna make some lc nectarine ice cream. :p

theresa113 Tue, Jan-13-04 19:00

OMG Donald... that picture is too funny! :)

ChristaS Tue, Jan-13-04 20:56

Love the Breyer's CarbSmart ice cream! Breyer's is my favorite "normal" ice cream anyway- so I guess I prefer the dryness of it. That may explain the odd texture some people notice. I prefer the chocolate, but my mom loves the strawberry. I have to admit it is really good, even though strawberry isn't my first choice. Now if they could just come up with Mint Chocolate Chip!

ChristaS Tue, Mar-02-04 16:55

They now have Mint Chocolate Chip! My dream has come true! LOL

hairpin Tue, Mar-02-04 19:48

I can't believe some people haven't liked the Bryers Low Carb ice cream. I think it's wonderful, as it tastes better than atkins and doesn't cost as much. It's creamier. :) Love the strawberry and vanilla the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilian
I bought the Breyers lc Ice cream in the vanilla flavor and let me just say it tasted just like frozen whip cream.

What is so bad about whipped cream? That's decadence!

BonoLover Tue, Mar-02-04 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaS
They now have Mint Chocolate Chip! My dream has come true! LOL

*THUD*

*plans road trip to Ohio

:Party: