Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   new year new start (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156160)

irisda Wed, Dec-31-03 07:03

new year new start

Am I actually considering re-doing induction? No coffee (gasp). No diet soda (double gasp) Say it aint so. I have been tossing and turning like a fiend for the past hour thinking of this. Jan 1. New beginning. Fresh start. (shivers).

diemde Wed, Dec-31-03 07:04

You are a braver woman than I. :D Good luck!

MisterE Wed, Dec-31-03 08:06

Two weeks to kick start better health is wisdom in my opinion. You've done so well so far that you know you are worth it!

I join you in your 2 weeks but I will keep my coffee, thank you just the same. (wink)

Mine is more a test of the "Emergency Porker Channel" to see if it was me stopping coffee that led to my big weight loss in December. Those 19.5 pounds in 3 weeks was my biggest (by far) loss since induction...and I KNOW most of that was water. I have been at 2 pounds or below for a long time...and at my size (your mileage may vary) normally you burn more calories just to lug around this much weight. If the next 2 weeks see a similar (not nearly THAT big but more than 1 pound a week)...I can assume that it is the SF treats that slow me down. If I don't see a big change then I will see (probably) that it is coffee that slows my metabolism.

Again...I congratulate you on doing FOR YOU. I have no idea what my New Year's resolution will be other than my continued search for better health...but I will make a (some) NY resolutions after I figure out what is doable for me.

tgill32177 Wed, Dec-31-03 08:13

Argh...Life without coffee would NOT be pleasant for me or DH. I only ingest 8 little oz of the stuff, but without it...I am a SPACE CADET!
Last year my resolution was to lose weight. I hung in there. It will be 1 year on the 21st of Jan. I am excited as this is only the 2nd NY resolution I stuck to. (The first was divorcing my ex-husband) I am far better off having stuck to both resolutions. :lol:
Do what you gotta do for you! You have done GREAT so far! You got my thumbs up. I however will drink the coffee for ya!
Hugs,
Tanya

Imber Wed, Dec-31-03 08:38

I manage a Starbucks store. If I can give up caffeine, you can too, irisda! When I'm at work I occasionally fix myself an 8 oz coffee and sip from it a bit. I never have very much, just to get the taste and stay acquainted with our product. I am very surprised that I don't miss it. Just like the carbs, when you get something out of your system and break the habit, you rely on good food for sustainable energy over time.

Good luck with this!

Atkins4myW Wed, Dec-31-03 10:29

a return to enduction can be good not only for your metabolism but also your mental state. As long as you don't abuse it as Dr Atkins says if can be a good thing.

BTW Atkins changed to allow 1 8oz beverage a day containing caffeine during induction now.

irisda Wed, Dec-31-03 10:41

HUH? WHAT? CAFFEINE ON INDUCTION. I GOTTA GO BACK AND DO SOME RE-READING. Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. I am feeling better and better about this. Thanks so much Atkins4!

sophotia Wed, Dec-31-03 10:52

Well good for U Irisda!! U know I'll be joining you.
I dont really drink coffee anymore but I do take Atkins Accel and each pill has the equivalent of one cup of coffee. I dont see anything on the bottle indicating that U aren't to have in during Induction.

Imber Wed, Dec-31-03 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins4myW
a return to enduction can be good not only for your metabolism but also your mental state. As long as you don't abuse it as Dr Atkins says if can be a good thing.

BTW Atkins changed to allow 1 8oz beverage a day containing caffeine during induction now.

REALLY???????????????????????? COOL!!!!!

memaw O5 Wed, Dec-31-03 11:50

Hey I will be right there with you. Induction is actually something I am looking forward to.

Mossling Wed, Dec-31-03 12:20

I'm with you--new year, new induction. I overindulged on a visit to LA and had to up my stats by 5 pounds. <sigh> 2 weeks clean (well, I'm going to have a cup of coffee each morning so my students can stand me!) starting tomorrow.

Jude

cwbydeb Wed, Dec-31-03 12:52

I'll join..... induction begining tomorrow!!!! What a great way to do it with friends..!!!

Besides after being able to lose as much weight as you all have, 2 weeks is nothing!

Good luck!