Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   I blew it ! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159486)

patigayle Wed, Jan-14-04 15:36

I blew it !

:cry: Today started out sooo good, then all of a sudden this afternoon, I started craving sweets. Today was day 7 on induction(a clean one). I haven't had any cravings till today. I blew it and ate 6 roasted peanuts..then got real frustrated and ate 3 tablespoons of peanut butter............What should I do now? and what effect will this have on my weight loss?hellllllllllppppppppppppp!!
Pati

MaryToU Wed, Jan-14-04 15:39

All in all what you ate was not that bad. Relax. Its not like you grabbed a carton on ice cream. Just go on like normal. If you are really worried about it (and I wouldn't be) drink some extra water. I dont think you did enough damage to even kick yourself out our ketosis!

patigayle Wed, Jan-14-04 16:16

whew!!!!!!!!! I am relieved!! I'll drink,drink,drink........
I am so fortunate to have someone to talk to when I really need to.
pati

chefmorais Wed, Jan-14-04 16:20

What helps me is I drink alot of veryfine fruit2O. The orange flaver taste just like tang. Also keep some atkins chocolate bars handy when sugar cravings hit.

cs_carver Wed, Jan-14-04 18:26

This is a way of life, not a quick fix

Take a long view. Probably didn't gain the weight in a week; not going away in a week, either.

That you had a slip or a craving is not really the point. What triggered it and how you react to it and learn to avoid that problem in the future is more important. Any clues? Hanging around sugar-eaters? Shaky (or no) breakfast? To many TV commercials? Maybe you need better vitamin supplementation? A million reasons, most of which will show up here sooner or later.

Overall, I'm losing about a pound a week which isn't much better than any other program promises, and I had to stick with it to see that. But the difference is, I HAVE stuck with it because this is a stick-able program in a way that others were not.

Keep coming back, whatever you eat.

tpr475 Wed, Jan-14-04 18:41

That's not bad at all. I REALLY Blew it. See: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158956
But the next morning I was back on track and a day and a half later I was losing weight. I also learned that the satisfaction is no where near what I thought it would be. Of course, you would think in 32 years I would have learned that rarely is anything ever as good as what you thought it was going to be with the exception of newborn children.

MaryToU Wed, Jan-14-04 20:38

LOL Yes tpr475 that would be a diffent blew it!!!

StarOrchid Wed, Jan-14-04 20:43

That's not much of a cheat! I wouldn't worry about it! When I get a craving and don't have much around, I'll just mix a tablespoon of cream cheese with some splenda and eat it... tastes like cheesecake :)

patigayle Thu, Jan-15-04 06:42

ooooooooohhhh...that's sounds tasty !! Maybe I'll do better today........thanks for everyone's support !
pati:wiggle:

orchidday Thu, Jan-15-04 06:59

Congratulations!!! You had a rough day and you came back anyway. That is exactly the kind of behavior that will make your weightloss permenent :). One rough day is nothing.......rough months and bad years are what got us here.......just pick yourself up, wash off the dust, and keep going! Orchid

AirForce2B Fri, Jan-16-04 12:48

Orchirday, you made my day...that sounds sooo good...I found my new way to curve my cravings for sweets...I've gotten to where I EAT packets of Splenda. I also make smoothies using 3 frozen strawberries, half and half, a little bit of water, ice cubes, and 2 packs of splenda...I swear it's to DIE for...but It totals up to like 4 or 5 carbs...