Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Sitting down excercise videos??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156520)

Mr.Mel Fri, Jan-02-04 14:55

Sitting down excercise videos???

I have very bad knees and can't do much weight bearing excercise. Does anyone know of any excercise videos you do sitting down, maybe with hand weights? :confused:

shari kay Fri, Jan-02-04 15:48

I know what you mean by having bad knees!! I too find that most exercises are tough on the knees - expecially afterwards. I can walk for about 20 - 25 min., but if I do anymore I can't sleep all night. Jumping up and down to a video would be a two or three day pain filled experience.
I have been trying to do my upper arms by holding on the arms of my chair and lowering and raising myself. It at least helps a bit!!!
I have been thinking of getting one of those big balls and using that to do some things. I watched someone on one and they did situps and a few other things that I thought I might be able to handle.. I would need to get one of the bigger ones, though.
It looks like you have been doing very well with losing.
Keep up the good fight!!!!

Lindazkewl Fri, Jan-02-04 15:49

Hello. There's one called Body Flex Plus by Greer Childers. The only way I know you can get it is online. You get a video and this workout bar with an elastic band. I have it and I'm going to restart this weekend. The session lasts about 15 minutes or so. I'm also one that needs to start with easy exercise. There's a website bodyflex.com or you might be able to search and find it for a cheaper price. I forgot how much it cost. Good luck and keep up the good work.

MadCabbit Fri, Jan-02-04 16:21

Have you tried pilates? Allmost all exercises are laying or sitting down. It uses your "powerhouse" (abs) to stabalize you while you do various movements. It gives you a flat tummy and long, lean muscles. This is what ballet dancers and the like use. I have had great results after only a few weeks of use. I believe there is more info in the exercise forum if you are interested.
Good Luck,
Leigh

petcrazed Fri, Jan-02-04 17:13

I have horrible knees, they like to give out when i am walking and swell up to about 2 times thier normal size and i cant walk dor at least a day. I have started doing pilates its all on your back or sitting and it is really a work out. you might also want to try yoga it is slow and no bouncing around and i have done it many time and only had my knee give out once on me. and trust me even though it does not look like a work out you WILL feel it the next day.

Miss Melis Fri, Jan-02-04 19:08

I have heard these workouts are great for people who have bad knees or for people who cannot stand for very long. I will try to get the name of some. As some of my patients use and enjoy them very much!
M-