Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cryin in my cereal? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185434)

LucyLucy Tue, May-18-04 23:07

Cryin in my cereal?

Boy, some manufacturers are getting REALLY desparate. Imagine the throngs of low-carbers, bypassing the cereal isle for the cheese, meat, chicken, fish, fresh garden vegetables. The cereal isle is lonely, calling out "where are you???".............

I just about busted a gut watching a commercial that started out with a bowl, a woman cryin like she just lost her best friend, but lo and behold, it's only the cereal she's crying about!!!!! And here comes Special K to the rescue, with 3 net carbs (yeah right) per serving (a flake is probably a serving)...........the entire commercial is about some idiotic woman crying over her cereal because it's not low carb enough for her??

God, I've seen it all now.............

Yes, the low-fat low-calorie masses are surely getting desparate........Stay tuned...........

LL :)

luddybell Tue, May-18-04 23:10

LOL now that is funny gotta keep my eyes opened for this commerical ROFL

Lobstergal Tue, May-18-04 23:14

Just the *idea* of a low carb cereal is funny. :)

Elsah Wed, May-19-04 05:58

Strangely prior to low carb that was one of my very favorite foods in the world. Probably one of those leftover issues from childhood because my mother would never let me have anything that had sugar or wasn't organic so cereal wasn't really something I was able to have unless it was something boring like puffed brown rice or corn stuff without any added sugars (we aren't talking the good stuff at the regular store either) Unfortunately I'm not too impressed by the LC stuff. So I could very well be one of those crying over an empty bowl that once would have been filled with yummy sugary golden grahams... can't say I would shed a tear over special K though LOL

Jenn

Rune1990 Wed, May-19-04 06:29

Interesting. I saw another special K commercial. They were trying to get ppl to do their 'diet' two bowls of special k a day, and a regular mean to loose 6 lbs or something...

And then at the end of the commercial, they show their new lo carb version of the cereal, bleh.

The crying one sounds PATHETIC.

beeshoney1 Wed, May-19-04 07:41

This morning I saw the new Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops ad..."Now with 1/3 sugar!!!" I'm still laughing!

LucyLucy Wed, May-19-04 08:35

I also like the pizza ads recently, where they state 1/2 the carbs, well DUH it's because the crust is HALF as thick! Anything to get a buck I guess............

Fireball Wed, May-19-04 08:39

The cereal shelf at my grocery store was EMPTIED of the Low Carb Special K! And when I got to the check out - the woman in front of me had 3 boxes in her cart. I just thought to my self "whaaatever!"

MamaSara6 Wed, May-19-04 09:35

It's sooo ridiculous that manufacturers are jumping on the bandwagon and saying everything is low carb! Even if there are only 6g per serving, it's sugars and rice and white flour carbs!

hatetocook Wed, May-19-04 09:50

I saw that "crying" commercial too last night. It said the cereal had 9 net carbs and the bowl the woman was eating out of looked about as big as a custard cup. Boy, I bet she was satisfied after that meal!!

Birddog Wed, May-19-04 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLucy
I also like the pizza ads recently, where they state 1/2 the carbs, well DUH it's because the crust is HALF as thick! Anything to get a buck I guess............

I concur. It's all about money. :D

jennilu Wed, May-19-04 11:39

It's amazing what people will try when they see it on a commercial.

I'll have to look out for the "crying" commercial because I haven't seen it yet. I knew there was a reason I'm a channel surfer! :)

Dawna Wed, May-19-04 12:35

Now, we can't expect that Kellog would let the Total cereal people be the only ones out with a LC cereal, can we? Before long, I expect to see LC Coco Puffs advertised. :eek:

suzanneM Wed, May-19-04 12:46

I'm just waiting for the 0 carb french fry. I know it's coming. It has to be. I'll be one happy princess if they figure that one out.

cmcole Wed, May-19-04 13:19

For a person who had cereal practically EVERY day for breakfast, I'm amazed at how very little I miss it.

Mainly, I cry over the prices I have to pay for my son to have some!