Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How much exercise is everyone doing? (just curious) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=5302)

Spike Thu, May-17-01 11:01

How much exercise is everyone doing? (just curious)

Hola,
I am just wondering how much exercise everyone is doing? (days per week/what forms of exercise etc.)

I have been low carbing for a good while now (and keeping too low of fat/calorie intake). As some of you know, I am tweaking my diet to make it more "Atkins style"...IE. increasing Fat/calories & strictly keeping under 20gms of carbs. In doing this I have been so darn lazy... Hard to get to the gym this week... Anyhow, I was just wondering what you guys are doing & what kind of loss have you been seeing per week...I WILL go to the gym today, I WILL go to the gym today etc :D ....Have a good one!

Spike

agonycat Thu, May-17-01 11:17

Spike,

I have been on the Atkin's Diet since April 23 of this year. As of today I have lost 20 pounds.

I walk for 30-40 mins every other day. (Depends on my work schedule)

rainny Thu, May-17-01 11:23

Hi Spike

I'm on atkins also. Before I got sick {head cold} I was doing the pool about once a day and biking every other day. I started April 1 with a 25 lb. lose...but I'm at a stand still right now with being sick. Atkins encourages a lot of fat due to the fact that's where your energy comes from. I know that if I don't take enough fat in I will feel sluggish...and my weight lose will slow. But then again...that’s me.
Good luck!

cupiedoll Fri, May-18-01 03:33

I TRY to go to aerobics 2-3 times a week and I TRY to do my callanetics tape every evening. I used to get down on myself if I didn't do things everyday, but moderation is better than nothing!

Karen

Spike Fri, May-18-01 06:04

cool...It's kind of strange but, I have taken this week off from the gym any I jumped on the scale this morning...3lb loss from last Friday!!??? :D (I weigh no more than once a week) ...go figure...but hey, I'm not complaining right? Anyhow, I'll try to get back into the gym starting this weekend... Who knows, maybe it's because I have been eating some real food instead of protein shakes?...But, on a down note, I have not seen any change yet on the keto-stix... I have been deadly strict on not going above 20gms of carb since monday. I know it's no big deal, but...I'd LOVE to see that sucker turn purple!!! When I did the Atkins a yr-yr & 1/2 ago, I had the same problem...oh well:rolleyes:

Have a good weekend,
Spike

agonycat Fri, May-18-01 06:44

hehehe Congrats on your 3 pound loss!

Didn't we tell you, that you weren't eating enough. :)

debbiedobson Fri, May-18-01 07:01

congratulations on the 3lb loss spike! that's great. last time i lost well on atkins, i never went above the second pink. i kept my carbs low as well. don't obsess over the keto-stix. let the scales and your clothes tell the story.
i do ab work everyday, because i have sciatica and ab work keeps it under control. i only devolped sciatica when i gained weight from eating low fat! i do resistance training 3 times a week. it's not a very long routine. it only takes me 15 minutes, but i've been doing it faithfully for over a year. i also walk my dog, homer, most days. that's my aerobic exercise. he sets a pretty quick pace!

fern2340 Fri, May-18-01 09:20

I do tons of exercise! Actually, I really like to exercise (most of the time). I know---something is wrong with me! I love the elliptical machine at my gym. I do that for about 30 mins a day. I also ride the bike. I play basketball all the time too! (my boyfriend has yet to beat me one-on-one) :)

Congrats on the 3 lb. loss!!!

Trainerdan Thu, May-31-01 18:35

ah-ha!

Ouch! Yes, it's true ... she kicks my butt, she's really good ...

Susie Mon, Jun-04-01 07:43

Workouts

1 Attachment(s)
I lift 5 days a week, do aerobics 5-6 days a week, yoga to stay limber 5 days a week. Plus all the other running around I do with the children 7 days a week.

The pic below isn't very clear but hey I've come a long way! ;)

Susie

tamarian Mon, Jun-04-01 08:28

Hi Susie, are you sure you have children :p

You look maaahvelous. Congrats on your success. Tell us more, what was your nutritional plan like?

Did I mention you look great?!? Any before pics? :)

Wa'il (drooling)

Susie Mon, Jun-04-01 08:55

Thanks for the nice compliment and
Yes, I'm sure I've given birth 3 times! lol

Their ages are 8, 6, 3.

I tried the Atkins diet but it made me very tired and I can't afford that with three children.

So what I did what scratch out everything made with flour, starchy carbs, and sugar. Added weigthlifting, aerobics 5-6 days a week and of course 1-2 cheat days per week and the fat just came off. Within a month there was a noticeable difference.
I have just started a thermogenic product to help me lose the last few pounds that seem to want to stick to me.

I'll try to find a before pic and post it.
Exercising helps to relieve stress and get me energized for the day.

If anyone needs motivation for exercising get a copy of Oxygen and Muscle & Fitness Hers magazines.
It tells you everything you need to know plus the pictures are an incentive all their own.

Susie

tamarian Mon, Jun-04-01 19:19

Susie,

Seems like you stumbled on something similar to CKD by accedent? Low-carbing in general, and carbing 2 days a week, plus weights and cardio.

Wa'il

Susie Tue, Jun-05-01 06:31

CKD

If that's what it's called!
Like Arnold Swarchznegger(sp?) once said, white flour is the enemy, or something along that line!

What can I say I'm an Arnold fan as well as any other bodybuilder and fitness buffs out there right now. Although I do think the women in fitness are getting a little too big. There starting to look like light weight bodybuilders.

Any body else noticed this?

Susie

rainny Tue, Jun-05-01 19:51

Susie...

You look great!!! What was your starting weight? I read your profile and it said 118...and now your 125...That would have to be lean muscle mass!!
L;)RRAINE