Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   anti vanity sizing at target (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180901)

blue4lemon Mon, Apr-26-04 18:42

anti vanity sizing at target

I went to buy a pair of jeans today and one rack had these stretch jeans that were rediculously sized. They were Mossimos. I wear 12's currently and I would have had to buy a pair of the 17s. I found some awesome fitting ones in my size 12. These are Mossimos too. Wierd. I thought vanity sizing was the norm, but these other jeans were like ANTI vanity sized. I am happy to say that I had to get a Medium in the top I bought. No more reaching to the back for XL's and L's.

Cindy007 Mon, Apr-26-04 18:46

Don't worry...those junior jeans are notorious for that!! I refuse to ever go near a pair. Even when I weighed 110 pounds and wore a size 2 I could only fit into a 7 or 9 in some of those jeans. Just steer clear of them...they're bad for the self image!

--Cindy

Bandito Mon, Apr-26-04 18:46

L.E.I's are like that too. They run about a size or two smaller than levi's.

twirfel Mon, Apr-26-04 18:46

mwsium aize

:D Good for you thats great i cant wait till i cane wear a meduim or just alarge ill keep trying and great job :)

blue4lemon Mon, Apr-26-04 18:48

Thanks Twirfel, I think I have stalled but I am going to step up the excercise.

4beans4me Mon, Apr-26-04 19:16

I will not even try on jeans at Target, I get too frustrated. :bash:

livingintn Mon, Apr-26-04 20:12

It's completely annoying to have a closet full of size 12's and then go to the junior's department at a store and realize that the 15's won't fit. They seem to be making junior's sizes smaller and smaller now. LEI's are bad about that, as are Mossimo and the SO brand at Kohl's. My ten-year old niece, who is not overweight by any standard, wears average/medium sizes in those clothes!

blue4lemon Mon, Apr-26-04 21:01

Well this is the first time EVER that Target jeans have fit me. I am wearing the same size I started out at but they aren't tight and wierd fitting.

AnnieFelac Mon, Apr-26-04 22:59

Now I feel really out of it now. The only one of those stores I've heard of is Target. That's how long it's been since I've bought new jeans. I tried shopping the Saturday before Easter and gave up. I went through the whole mall. All the anchor stores, Nordstrom, Pennys, Sears and Bon/Macys and all the tiny stores inbetween. I came home tired and frustrated, wondering why I even bothered with loosing the weight. Now I had no clothes that fit, I looked like I was wearing my dad's pants and I couldn't find a thing that looked nice or fit right. Then I went to a thrift shop. Pickings were few and far between but at least I knew that what I bought had already been pre-shrunk for me. hehe And they were jeans that made it up to the waist where the belt is supposed to be. So..there's a lesson in getting old and set in your ways. hehe Annie

filmlass23 Tue, Apr-27-04 06:48

Just remember -- Odd #s mean JUNIORS!! You can't compare a 12 to an 11 or 13. :)

NYorker Tue, Apr-27-04 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmlass23
Just remember -- Odd #s mean JUNIORS!! You can't compare a 12 to an 11 or 13. :)

Right - junior sizes are completely different. Aren't they based on age or something? Like, a 17 is more for a 17-year-old girl vs a 13 for a 13-year-old?

And yes - what the hell happened to jeans? These low riders are hopeless, though I like the slimming flare-y legs.

Itty Tue, Apr-27-04 07:34

Hi

So i guess odd #'s are juniors... were they in the adult area at Target? I would like to go to the US (Rochester? there is a new ferry) and shop there, but not if they are going to kill my self-esteem!!!

M

BlitzedAng Tue, Apr-27-04 07:36

Even shirts at Target and sized totally wrong.When I went to find some t-shirts I left the store going HUH.

scorpio381 Tue, Apr-27-04 08:53

Remember too, that junior sizes are MUCH narrower in the hips!

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 09:28

I guess you're right about odd sizes, but the store has it all grouped in the same section with no cut-off signs. I don't understand, either, why companies find it necessary to make such extreme low riders. Or why they think that splattering bleach down the front makes them look "worn".