Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   can any one share a sweet recipe? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=23707)

Allymich Thu, Oct-18-01 12:33

can any one share a sweet recipe?

I've been having craving for sweets, specially chocolate and cheese cake and ice cream....
Does any one knows for a recipe for cheese cake or anything else yummy and sweet and ofcourse lOW carb,...... :p

thank you guys and gals, you all have been great in this journey.

itsjoyful Thu, Oct-18-01 13:34

try looking in the low carb recipes up on the orange bar. good luck and let me know if you find anything great.
B

Karen Thu, Oct-18-01 13:51

This has recieved rave reviews from all those who have tried it.

No-Bake Vancouver Cheesecake

Yeah, yeah, blowing my own horn. ;)

Karen

lisaf Thu, Oct-18-01 14:24

I'll second Karen's rave review of her creation! Its amazing -- do consider cutting the recipe in half and making it in an 8 inch pan though. The original is huge and you will be eating it for days.

Lisa

ChattyKat Thu, Oct-18-01 14:29

Cheesecake

Try mixing about 2 ounces of cream cheese with about 2 - 4 tablespoons of Kool Whip, a pinch of vanilla, and around 3 packets of splenda.

It tastes exactly like cheesecake. And it only takes about 2 minutes to do. :p

Shonnee Thu, Oct-18-01 15:06

When I have a chocolate Craving I get a tub of cool whip and a package of sugar free chocolate jello and I mix them together and refrigerate and eat in about a half hour. It taste like chocolate mouse. I have it about once a week as a treat to myself for being so good.

hockeygirl Thu, Oct-18-01 15:48

Shonee where on earth do you find sugar free chocolate jello? do you mean jello pudding? or just the gelatin?

twirt Fri, Oct-19-01 09:15

get the atkins chocolate flavored syrup and whip with heavy cream or cool whip. OR, my all time favorite is to make chocolate sugar free pudding with half whipped cream and half water instead of the nonfat milk they suggest. its really rich this way. put the pudding in a short glass, add a layer of about 4 banana slices and top with with whipped cream or cool whip- AWESOME banana split alternative, but best for AFTER induction.
I have never stopped craving sweets on tis WOL, so I have many ideas.

Allymich Fri, Oct-19-01 11:30

thankS!!!!!! I'll sure give it a try to all the recipes. leeeets cook
:D yummy
thank you all.

chelle Fri, Oct-19-01 15:21

I also use the Kool Whip or whipping cream. But I use cocoa. Never tried the sugar free pudding...And I have never made a whole tub of Kool Whip, for I would eat almost the entire tub!!!! ;)

I just take about 2 tbsp and add about 1 tsp of baking cocoa. It is great to get rid of that chocolate craving without over doing it.

I will try some of these other recipes.... They sound good also..

QUESTION????

WHY DON"T THE MEN HAVE THESE EVIL CRAVINGS LIKE US WOMEN????? :o

Chelle