Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   My DH thinks I 've lost my MIND!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=80444)

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-15-03 08:42

My DH thinks I 've lost my MIND!!!

So this morning while DH was getting ready for work I fixed a hamburger and 2 eggs for breakfast. He walked into the kitchen with this sumbfounded look on his face, shook his head, and left for work. :D
He thinks I have totally lost my mind with this WOE!!! :lol:

rubyg64 Wed, Jan-15-03 09:12

I just had to chuckle when I read your thread. :)

Mine is the same way! He just can't get over what foods I eat and when. Sunday he caught me eating leftover chicken for breakfast and did the same thing. Oh well, he'll get use to it.

His thought was if it makes me happy and it's healthy go for it. My sentiments exactly! :D

Lisa

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-15-03 09:31

Lisa

DH made a comment to me the other day regarding my dieting...he doesn't want to follow the same WOE as I am but he is also afraid that I am going to end up looking like Barbie, and he will look like Homer Simpson!!! :D

csj Wed, Jan-15-03 09:36

You will probably find that it gets easier as you go along. People who really care about you will notice how good the WOE is for you and will turn from questioning to supporting. Yeah, we do eat some weird things at weird times but it's all good stuff! They may be jealous. :)

Cindy

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-15-03 10:47

Yahoo!

I went to get my nails done yesterday and the Bonnie (the tech & a friend) said "What are you doing? You look great!"
I told her I am LCing and she told me she tried it for 4-5 days a couple years ago and it made her fel like crap. I asked her WHAT she did and she was eating all protien...no veggies. I told her about the plan I am following and she is going to give it another try.
This is great! I have a new diet buddy! :cheer:

Akiwican Wed, Jan-15-03 10:50

Me too

When my husband saw me eating all kinds of fat {he had never seen me eating before} he was very skeptical but now that i have lost 30lbs he is convinced :thup:

:wave: Akiwican

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-15-03 11:04

My DH definitely likes this WOE better than the lowfat diets I have tried in the past with all chicken and veggies, no fatty steaks, chops, burgers, etc.!!!
Now if I can just get him to give up his bread and potatoes!

rubyg64 Wed, Jan-15-03 13:02

Don't take it the wrong way

My husband loves that I am finally eating right. I use to live on flavored rice and noodle mixes. I ate meat maybe once a week, and vegetables never. He's been at me for years to eat better. His problem is just like so many of us had...he can't get over the fact of the fat thing. For years fat was not suppose to be our friend.

Now he sees me eating salads, meat, butter and mayo. The later being hard to accept. I have to keep telling him that I'm not really having much more fat than I use to. Just getting rid of all the bad starchy carb things. :thup:

Before I started this WOE I would have looked funny at someone eating chicken or burgers for breakfast to. :rolleyes: Guess they would have known something that I'm glad I now do. :)

Lisa

Akiwican Wed, Jan-15-03 13:07

Lisa

Wow :eek: So this WOE has really been a radical change for you. Congrats on making the switch! :thup:

:wave: Akiwican

rubyg64 Wed, Jan-15-03 13:27

It sure is

but I am loving it! NO hunger pains, more energy and sleeping the night through. Not to mention that I have not had 1 hypoglycemic episode since I started :D are just a few of the benefits. I'm almost looking at the weight loss as an added bonus even though that is why I started in the first place.

Thanks for the congrats!

Lisa :wave:

kmwebb1967 Wed, Jan-15-03 13:33

Lisa

That is fantastic! Good for you...and good for ALL of us!!! :)

macleay Wed, Jan-15-03 20:25

My husband can't believe it when I melt cheese on pork
rinds! He gets the diet, but to him, that is over the edge!
I love it, especially dipped in guacamole. But I have to
watch the amount of cheese or I stall.

Jill :wave:

macadamia Thu, Jan-16-03 22:47

This thread is so gorgeous !!!
Mine's loving it I think - we were given 3 Xmas cakes this year - he's got them all to himself - (it's okay when you're 6ft 1" and about 190lbs) - I tell him he's on the wrong WOE - all good natured banter between us though :rheart: Never try and convert your DH - let them see the results for themselves!!

LadyBug555 Thu, Jan-16-03 22:56

My husband is on it with me.....I am lucky

kjturner Fri, Jan-17-03 02:33

That's no weirder than the cold pizza or cold spaghetti I *used* to eat for breakfast!