Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How many squirts of Rediwhip (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178220)

Blondey63 Mon, Apr-12-04 17:15

How many squirts of Rediwhip

(purple cap) do you have in a day? Do you squirt it in your coffee or diet jello, squirt it on your hand or straight in the mouth?

Rosie Real Mon, Apr-12-04 17:36

Ummm, zero because the first four ingredients are milk, sugar, dextrose, and corn syrup. :eek:

I use heavy whipping cream with a little Equal when I need it. On jello and in coffee. :)

lilli Mon, Apr-12-04 17:45

I too have found that heavy whipping cream is far superior to any chemical- filled ready made whipped cream. Especially ORGANIC heavy cream. There is a huge taste difference between organic and non. It's really good if you can find a store that sells it. Like Whole Foods.

Blondey63 Mon, Apr-12-04 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilli
I too have found that heavy whipping cream is far superior to any chemical- filled ready made whipped cream. Especially ORGANIC heavy cream. There is a huge taste difference between organic and non. It's really good if you can find a store that sells it. Like Whole Foods.

Wow...I never knew that there was organic heavy cream....I have to find a store by me that carries that... thanks for letting me know...

Blondey63 Mon, Apr-12-04 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Real
Ummm, zero because the first four ingredients are milk, sugar, dextrose, and corn syrup. :eek:

I use heavy whipping cream with a little Equal when I need it. On jello and in coffee. :)

You know, my girlfriend lost 30 lbs on Atkins and she was the one who told me to go buy the purplecap rediwhip. I just assumed it was allowed....... I did not even bother to read the ingredients...just the carb count.... I will be using heavy whipping cream from now on!

Rosie Real Mon, Apr-12-04 20:12

I do know people who use it, but for me, a can is a serving, especially of the chocolate. It's just WAY too good, as is everything with sugar in it. :lol:

It stinks, but I really do like the heavy cream too. :)

Blondey63 Mon, Apr-12-04 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Real
I do know people who use it, but for me, a can is a serving, especially of the chocolate. It's just WAY too good, as is everything with sugar in it. :lol:

It stinks, but I really do like the heavy cream too. :)

I have the whip cream maker thing that takes the cartridges. Love the way the whipped cream comes out, fairly easy to make. I just have not made the time to do it.....much easier to grab the can. BUT, I will get it out and use it...

celestia Mon, Apr-12-04 20:32

I whipped up my own yesterday, to curb the Easter cravings - however, my husband opts for the Rediwhip. It's not the best thing he can have, but his cravings are MASSIVE, and I get sick of hearing about it ;)

He squirts it straight in his mouth - it's *so* charming ;) But, hey, he's trying :)

potatofree Mon, Apr-12-04 22:09

Supposedly, Land-o-Lakes has a Splenda-sweetened whipped cream in a can, but I haven't seen it. THAT, I might use, depending on the other ingredients.

LadyBelle Tue, Apr-13-04 01:01

All we cna get here is the Redi Whip. I hadn't even seen a Land O'Lakes whipped cream.

Normally I try to avoid the reddi whip. I did buy some though ebcause in South beach he listed jello with some whipped topping in his menus. After buying the good carbs guide I found out you could have light cool whip, but not the pasturized kind. I can't figure out why though considering wool whip is sugar and trans fats and as a cardiologist he should be screaming stay far far away from it.